akios 656ctm problem

Sat May 24, 2014 7:40 pm

So as it says i have a problem with my reel.... After doing some research online it seems to be the anti reverse bearing i think? On the retrieve its ok but when i stop it just slips out wit out locking in..... Its well out out of warranty and was jus wondering if theres anyone knows anyone that can fix it (in cork preferably) or do i need to send it to akios.

Re: akios 656ctm problem

Sun May 25, 2014 12:25 pm

lugworm wrote:So as it says i have a problem with my reel.... After doing some research online it seems to be the anti reverse bearing i think? On the retrieve its ok but when i stop it just slips out wit out locking in..... Its well out out of warranty and was jus wondering if theres anyone knows anyone that can fix it (in cork preferably) or do i need to send it to akios.

very easy to fix ,open the reel and take the anti reverse clip out give the two copper slievs on the ciip a little squeeze to make it a little tighter put back in place and close up reel ,hope this helps.

Sun May 25, 2014 12:28 pm

knightser wrote:
lugworm wrote:So as it says i have a problem with my reel.... After doing some research online it seems to be the anti reverse bearing i think? On the retrieve its ok but when i stop it just slips out wit out locking in..... Its well out out of warranty and was jus wondering if theres anyone knows anyone that can fix it (in cork preferably) or do i need to send it to akios.

very easy to fix ,open the reel and take the anti reverse clip out give the two copper slievs on the ciip a little squeeze to make it a little tighter put back in place and close up reel ,hope this helps.

I think the akios uses a anti reverse bearing like the ABU 6500 instead of the sleeve

Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am

ShaneH wrote:
knightser wrote:

I think the akios uses a anti reverse bearing like the ABU 6500 instead of the sleeve

Yes, the early ones did have this issue but its not too hard to replace them..