Where would you get a small cool bag?

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:42 am

Does anyone know where you can get a small freezer or cool bag?
I am going down to Moss's country over Easter and I only intend using frozen sandeel so I need something to keep them frozen for a couple of days.
I have seen a guy in sutton with a small cooler bag around his neck - very neat and just what I am looking for.
Thanks
JK :?

ARGOS

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:53 am

I got mine from ARGOS. Camping stores and roches stores were mentioned when I asked this question.

Donagh

Glasgow

Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:54 am

If you spend more than £10.00 sterling in Glasgow Angling Centre you get a free Fisheagle cool bag which is small and handy to bring bait.

thermos flask

Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:30 pm

For sand eels I always use a thermos flask over a cool bag. I can bring sand eels to work in a flask go fishing and place the left overs in the freezer still frozen. Frozen razors can be kept the same way. Thermos mugs are handy as the bait is easy to get at but their no way as good. Check your tackle shop as they may supply the cool bag your after.

BTW I wouldn't order from overseas until the postal strike is over.

Donagh

Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:58 pm

Ammo make a small cool bag, specifically designed for their frozen sandeels. You can fit around five packs of the large eels, along with a slim ice pack. It costs around €15. I use it regularly and find it keeps the eels in perfect shape for the duration of a session. Unfortunately, no cool box will keep sandeels in usable condition for more than around a day, so get them into a freezer as soon as you arive, and just take a couple of packs to the beach at a time.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:42 pm

JFK,

I'm not sure if you ever got you cool bag but Atlantic Homecare just started to carry a big selection at good prices.

Kev