Vacuum packer & accessories

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Just wondering does anybody use a vacuum packer for preserving bait?

Don't want to sound "uppidy", but I'm looking for something better than a lidl special. Any decent brand or make would be good plus anywhere you can get the vac bags for a decent price??

Currently looking at the vacupack elite, but it's a pricey piece of kit!!

Re: Vacuum packer & accessories

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm

alby wrote:Just wondering does anybody use a vacuum packer for preserving bait?

Don't want to sound "uppidy", but I'm looking for something better than a lidl special. Any decent brand or make would be good plus anywhere you can get the vac bags for a decent price??

Currently looking at the vacupack elite, but it's a pricey piece of kit!!

nothing wrong with a lidl special it does exactly what you want it to do and its cheap too,ebay sell all different types and they sell the rolls of vacuum sealer

will be doing most of my crab in packs of 6 this year with it

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:43 pm

That's bonkers just doing research myself,the Eiffel pro packer vac sealer seems to be top of the pile from what ive seen so far but expensive.Theres a review on planet seafishing.I've a good friend who has been using this model for a long time now and highly recommends it.
The bags used seem to be the key to success.I'll be buying this week so i'll keep you posted.
Rgds

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:23 pm

I have a cheap Lidl one for 3 years now still going strong. :D I buy the freezer bags in Lidl as well nice and cheap. No complaints so far.

Yappo

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:17 pm

I bought a lidl one a few years back not worth a fcuk the bags kept creasing and letting in air and the freezer bags just got burned through, mine went into a skipbag.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 pm

beachbuddy wrote:That's bonkers just doing research myself,the Eiffel pro packer vac sealer seems to be top of the pile from what ive seen so far but expensive.Theres a review on planet seafishing.I've a good friend who has been using this model for a long time now and highly recommends it.
The bags used seem to be the key to success.I'll be buying this week so i'll keep you posted.
Rgds

have you a link to that

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Just do a search for planetseafishing.There is a review section and a full report on the vac packer with a link to the suppliers.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 am

beachbuddy wrote:Just do a search for planetseafishing.There is a review section and a full report on the vac packer with a link to the suppliers.

had a look there £99 off ebay

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 pm

why go too all this expense when you prob have all the stuff at home already ,freezer bags ,a good straw ,your wife and her ghd hair straightener ,wont cost you a penny and its great exercise for the missus :wink: