repairing loose spigots

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:24 pm

I have a Penn powerstix and the spigots have worn over the years. Anyone have any ideas on how to repair them? thanks in advance.

Re: repairing loose spigots

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Ya can melt candle wax onto the male part of the spigot it,ll help tighten it

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm

No need to melt the candle wax just give it a rub to give it a light coating.
Be warned that sometimes in colder weather it can be very difficult to seperate the joint im speaking from experiance, done it on an old daiwa hpb i have stuck it like glue, i didnt try it since took a hacksaw to the joint to fix it :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:04 pm

JOHN1 wrote:No need to melt the candle wax just give it a rub to give it a light coating.
Be warned that sometimes in colder weather it can be very difficult to seperate the joint im speaking from experiance, done it on an old daiwa hpb i have stuck it like glue, i didnt try it since took a hacksaw to the joint to fix it :lol: :lol:

small bit of cotten tread that you use for fishing.not to much or you will be using john 1 s hacksaw :lol:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Clear lacquer spray from the likes of Halfords,sprayed on in light coating and then wet and dry paper applied til a snug fit is reached.If its good enough for the likes of Terry Carroll then its good enough for the likes of me.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm

or you can use carbon spray

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:24 am

ShaneH wrote:or you can use carbon spray

Were can u get this stuff Shane? Was looking for some a little while ago but ended up using car lacquer and wax and worked well.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:10 pm

A crayon just rub it on and off you go easy and fast.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 pm

paul skelly wrote:
ShaneH wrote:or you can use carbon spray

Were can u get this stuff Shane? Was looking for some a little while ago but ended up using car lacquer and wax and worked well.

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/maver-carb ... e-spray.ir

There ya are Paul, They seem to be out of stock at the moment, but thats the stuff I use.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:25 pm

if its a rod you love get the spigot rebuilt ,your rod will be an inch shorter but you wont have to mess about with sprays or crayons or hacksaws :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Try the carbon spray first man I have used on some of my older rods with great results.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:39 am

Souhtside had plenty of carbon spray just before xmas I got 2 cans..
Works a treat.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm agree with you :)