Recycling Old Waders

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I have a pair of Lochmor neoprene chest waders that are leaking again but I have repaired them enough times already, they are now beyond-it for sure, even the rubber boots themselves are leaking around the feet
They served me well for a few years but Im thinking that it may be a waste to chuck them
Any ideas what to do with them or the neoprene i.e. how I might be able to recycle them or use them for something else..??

ps. i have no interest in getting a sewing machine out!
Last edited by chuckaroo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Recycling Old Waders

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:16 pm

the only place that i can think of recycling them is your local council recycling centre where different materials are segregated. thats what i done anyway

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:36 pm

agardiner22 wrote:the only place that i can think of recycling them is your local council recycling centre where different materials are segregated. thats what i done anyway

cool, yeah, but i was hoping to maybe use them for something else myself (i have now edited the original post to make it more precise hopefully)
am thinking like maybe padding for something or other, I dunno, cant think of much

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:46 pm

make some neoprene socks and reel covers

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Cut off the boots they will do fine for the gardening

the buckles will be handy if you broke one on the new pair.

As with ShaneH on the reel covers. I've made a pouch for my camera from them.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:26 pm

donal domeney wrote:Cut off the boots they will do fine for the gardening

the buckles will be handy if you broke one on the new pair.

As with ShaneH on the reel covers. I've made a pouch for my camera from them.

The pouch for the camera is a great idea 8)

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:13 pm

the boots would do for collecting crab just like leaving tyres in as well. the neoprene will still keep you warm on a cold day on the rocks

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:26 pm

If you dont want to go to the trouble of making socks then just use the neoprene to make insoles for your boots. They are great for making an ordinary pair of boots snug and warm.

Caz

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Fold them up and store them in the shed some day a problem will arise and u will be inspired