Lights or bells. ?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Lads anyone any info which is better for the night fishing coming in.

As in light at the top of rod or a little bell ( electronic or otherwise to let me know ) hopefully if i get a fish. ?

Re: Lights or bells. ?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I use a combination of the two. They can be got very cheaply on E-Bay.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 pm

or some 3M reflective tape.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Tip tape. No one wants to listen to a bell all night and tip lights are just s***

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:42 pm

i have used both for years as it's beats staring up at the rod tip all night esp when setting up or rebating the second rod.
Although on rough nights i have been known to leave the bells in the box.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I use mini glow sticks for the rod tip and a bit of clear tape:)

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:41 am

Sounds lads.

Good one on the advice for no bells on windy nights

Little glow sticks it is then

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Chemical starlites are great, they also save on head light battery power when your looking at the rod,tip tape is great but only when you shine a light at it :) bell's have their place i also use them on occasion, the ones giving out them ringing are the ones that are getting no bites :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 pm

mighty bright reflective tape and good headlamp.tip lights are figity and line gets caught up in them and they can fall off! bells are a disaster.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 pm

In all of the starlites i have ever used i have never got line tangled up in them, i cant even imaging how the line would get caught in them when the light sits on the top of the rod away from the line :?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Tip light and tape.... and never got a tangle around a tip light before... Hows that done.... :o

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:48 pm

bells and lights are good. i have lost a lot of bells on striking. attach glosticks with clear sticky tape on top of rod tip - never any trouble but easier to do b4 rigging rod.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Easy brite tip tape & a heat torch that's all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:31 pm

i use childrens glow in the dark bracelets that you crack and shake to light 'em up,2 yoyos for 20 of em,in most 2 euro shops.there is even a little bag of joiners that comes with them for joing them around wrists and things,but if you tape on two of them on your rod tip you can change them quite easily,they are about 9 inches long,way easier to see than the standard "fishing" glowsticks and way cheaper too... :wink:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Ron Thompson does tip lights that flash green every 3 seconds and if a fish takes it flashes red violently!!! Cool little yoke they come with 2 attachments for rod tip thickness! Check em out! On eBay.ie as Ron Thompson strike alert

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 pm

wormy24 wrote:Ron Thompson does tip lights that flash green every 3 seconds and if a fish takes it flashes red violently!!! Cool little yoke they come with 2 attachments for rod tip thickness! Check em out! On eBay.ie as Ron Thompson strike alert

Saw that light at the bandstand that some lad brought back from the states but its flashed red when a heavy swell came on with out a fish on..... funny as fcuk watching him look puzzled when he reeled in..... :lol:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm

glowsticks all the way just put em on before u set up rod

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:44 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:
wormy24 wrote:Ron Thompson does tip lights that flash green every 3 seconds and if a fish takes it flashes red violently!!! Cool little yoke they come with 2 attachments for rod tip thickness! Check em out! On eBay.ie as Ron Thompson strike alert

Saw that light at the bandstand that some lad brought back from the states but its flashed red when a heavy swell came on with out a fish on..... funny as fcuk watching him look puzzled when he reeled in..... :lol:

Yeah they ain't great in rough conditions just sumtin different than ordinary tip lights and bells! Use em hound fishin in the calm summer nights ya know!!!!!!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 pm

set your rachet and drag and you will hear a bite who wants to be tip watchin when you can be chatting on face book as for bells keep them in churches !although they can be fun when someone is using one and walks away from their rod loosen their drag and pull out a few feet of line,tighten it back and walk back till you can pull it for a few jingles then let it go!they will legit up the beach and strike like a lunatic :lol: then spend all night telling them how big a bite a 10 lb bass gives and how the bite looked much bigger!! :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:16 am

bells are gone out with the indians and that mighty bright tip tape is dirt, i have 2 rolls of tip tape from halfords a red and white comes in a small roll and its super bright dont need lights or bells when your in the zone and eyes are on your rod tip