Re: Lights or bells. ?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 pm

mk4 tip lights is all that i use and never had a problem with them they shine bright and last for years if looked after

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 pm

tight lines wrote:mk4 tip lights is all that i use and never had a problem with them they shine bright and last for years if looked after

Second that. The line is known to wrap around the holder sometimes but ya get in the habit of just checking before ya cast.

ste c wrote:dont need lights or bells when your in the zone and eyes are on your rod tip

Good point if youre fishing on your tod or in a match but the lights are dead handy if like me your blind as a bat and like to walk down the beach to have a chat with the lads.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:26 pm

tip.Put the starlite into the clear plastis tube that most come with,then use insulting tape to put it
onto the rod you can then just pull out the tip light and put another one without re taping and it lasts for
ages.probably better off doing before setting up or at home.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Bells are a disaster, not mentioned the constant noise ons windy days or some waves...
I forget, at least once a night, to take of the bell before casting...

Most of the time I use a combination of bright reflective tape and a chemical light with hospital tape. Sorry got no other name for it.. This tape is very sticky and won't let go when it's getting wet. And it doesn't leave any glue marks.

If you only fish for short periods, you can put the stick in the freezer.
The chemical proces with stop, and the light will stop glowing. Next time you go out, take them out, and in fee minutes time the stick will start again.

Jeroen