wader repairs

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 pm

not sure if i'm in the right section but i am looking for a tackle shop in the dublin/wicklow area that offers a waders repair service. i have a good set of neoprene chesties that need plugging and i can't find the leak in them anywhere. i suspect it must be on a seam somewhere but can't locate it.

any suggestions would be much appreciated and failing finding one in the dublin/wicklow area, i am moving to galway in about 4 weeks and could wait until then. thanks

Re: wader repairs

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:29 pm

To check for leaks in chest waders.

Items required: a dish, water, washing-up liquid, a paint brush, a football, a felt pen and some where to hang the waders from

1. Hang up the waders.
2. Make up a solution of washing up liquid and water.
3. Push the football down the suspect leg this will compress the air in the leg.
4. Paint on the washing up liquid on the suspect area and wait for the bubbles to show.
You may have to repeat No. 3 a few times.
5. Once the leak is found mark it with the pen.
6. Let the surface dry and then apply the “aquasure”

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:45 pm

i give that a shot over the weekend. cheers donal, great method :D

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm

donal domeney wrote:To check for leaks in chest waders.

Items required: a dish, water, washing-up liquid, a paint brush, a football, a felt pen and some where to hang the waders from

1. Hang up the waders.
2. Make up a solution of washing up liquid and water.
3. Push the football down the suspect leg this will compress the air in the leg.
4. Paint on the washing up liquid on the suspect area and wait for the bubbles to show.
You may have to repeat No. 3 a few times.
5. Once the leak is found mark it with the pen.
6. Let the surface dry and then apply the “aquasure”

Great idea I'll be trying it, no more leaky waders . :roll: . O fingers crossed. :D