Bead color?

Come on now, ante up! Give us your tips and tricks, those little snippets and trade secrets gleaned from years of experience and experimentation!

Moderator: Seaniebo

Re: Bead color?

Postby PaddyB » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 pm

jhcabs wrote:
MC wrote:sometimes they work, sommetimes they dont

That doesn't really make sense. If the above is true then it basically mean sometimes i catch fish and sometimes i don't. the beads didn't make a difference.

Although you do make a very good point about adding extra weight to keep baits on teh bottom..

I think the only proof would be to fish the same venue 10 times. 5 times without attractors and 5 times with them. then you would have results to work with.

Even though i'm skeptic i must admit the one and only time i caught a Gunard was using a store bought rig with attractors. I normally make my own and beads are for keeping rigs parts from getting tangled up only.

It certainly does make sense!

Tide strength, swell, weather conditions, sea colouration, night or day can all impact.
Ie if your fishing neap tides the bling will add too much weight to your snood, and you will have no movement, where as during big tides the weight of the bling will be cancelled by the flow of water, so you will have movment with the added attraction of of a bit of colour.

I agree the the other post regarding scent over bling, but as you have just said yourself species like gurnard are a sucker for a bit of bling, and when you catch one, take a look at the size of their eyes you can see why!
PaddyB
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby eric » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 am

some people swear by red beads too but according to science fish cant even see the color red. personally i never used beads because i didnt see the point. i fished a local rock mark foreknown for flats several times with two rods, one with beads one without. the beads always caught far less. i use floaty beads to give the bait movement. there is some thought process behind the rattle and vibration beads hitting of each other give off when being swayed by the tide as fish find food through their lateral line, which picks up movement. silver beads and spoons do flash like baitfish which can attract fish also. like paul said use whatever gives you confidence.

heres a report i did on the venue a few years back

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16019&hilit=plaice
species for 2009 (42)
species for 2010 (27)
species for 2011 (12)
species for 2012 (8)
[i][b][color=#0000BF] best advice for catching species is girls dont like fishing and its hard to catch fish when you sell all your gear'[/color][/b][/i]

For this message the author eric has received thanks:
paul skelly (Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm)
eric
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby seanbah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Personally i dont use beads except floating ones.

2013 Wish List ; Tope, and a smooth hound

West Cork & District SAC

I go catching not fishing

Sean Matthews
seanbah
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 36 times

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks for Sea Anglers