Anti crab rigs

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi, does any one have any idea if there is such thing as an anti crab rig

Re: Anti crab rigs

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:12 pm

you can use pop up beads, but crabs can swim. But if the crabs are active then it usually means the fish are not there

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 pm

here a picture of an anti crab snood, Sakuma does a Clipped Anti Crab Rig for distance casting http://www.sakuma.co.uk/p/249/sakuma-cl ... nd-of-line
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Martin2012 wrote:Hi, does any one have any idea if there is such thing as an anti crab rig

Try plain and simple float fishing if things are bad :wink:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 pm

how is that rig pictured above meant to stop crabs eating the bait???

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for the replies

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm

chuckaroo wrote:how is that rig pictured above meant to stop crabs eating the bait???

+1
:?:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Lake or river fishing! :D

That picture simply shows the contempt of tackle manufacture's for their paying customers!!!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm

kstaff wrote:That picture simply shows the contempt of tackle manufacture's for their paying customers!!!

I agree 100% keith.

Its not the only crap gear they are peddaling, their line and hooks are pure shite too and not reliable for to day to day fishing.
The manta extra hooks are ok but these are a generic hook that many tackle companies have stuck their name onto.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:
kstaff wrote:That picture simply shows the contempt of tackle manufacture's for their paying customers!!!

I agree 100% keith.

Its not the only crap gear they are peddaling, their line and hooks are pure shite too and not reliable for to day to day fishing.
The manta extra hooks are ok but these are a generic hook that many tackle companies have stuck their name onto.

I would have to disagree with your comment on the sakuma line being pure shite JP, infact I quite like it, and im sure many others do.
have had quite a few sakuma hooks snap, but as you say the manta range are grand for purpose. But im definately more confident when using the extra version...

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Well Phil what the craic.

The manta hooks are the worst hook ever made. I have never seen hooks that break as often as them. They are a joke .

The line is of the same standard. Its got the abrasion resistance and strength of spaghetti.

In fact if you look at there whole range you can get better quality of each item from other companies.

I have tried most of there range of gear (as i have with most other tackle companies) and there is absolutely nothing I would recommend.

I have lost fish in comps because of there gear and it wont happen again :wink:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 pm

well jp i think their stickers are ok!!!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm

:D :D :D

Ha ha yeah they have lasted a while alright.

Sorry Derek, I take it all back, I recommend everyone use manta hooks there great. :P

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 pm

DK wrote:well jp i think their stickers are ok!!!

Ohh Gold medal fight!!! :D

Anti Crab Rig grudge match!!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm

sakuma stuff is expensive it must be good ! :lol: as for an anti crab rig as john says good old float fishing or feathering or spinning or fly fishing ,i,m sure that sakuma rig would work ,unless you put bait on it then it prob wouldnt :lol:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 pm

no such thing as an anti crab rig,if theyre around its just a matter of time

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I find the best anti-crab rig is three hook flapper with no bait, just bare hooks. :shock:
On a lighter note I happened to be present a number of years ago at a major championship when I heard a top tip for keeping crabs away from your bait. It required you to lash a dirty big lump of Mackerel onto your weight this encourages the crabs to eat the Mackerel rather than your bait!!!! "Yeah right" :roll: