heat wave and rays

Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm

with this heat wave coming (if we get it) would it be a good time to target ray????????

Re: heat wave and rays

Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 am

I don't think heat has much to do with ray fishing. Concentrate more on time of year state of tide and location

Tue May 22, 2012 6:01 pm

the heat wave means calm and warmer seas and the ray will move in to some areas,so you will have a better chance at some marks,the cold weather will make the ray move to deeper marks,if you know the marks where the ray move to in winter you can catch ray all year round in Galway

Tue May 22, 2012 6:25 pm

If its the east coast or south east a heat wave wont help your ray fishing you just have to fish the right time of year

Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Any idea if they're around the southeast this time of year? Only caught them rarely and think it was late summer

Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Late summer is the best time to get them but you mite get one or two around june July

Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 am

caught a 6lb thornback ray off howth head today, my PB! :D Took a whole mackeral head on a ledgered 5/0 circle hook, we were targeting Mack but no sign. Happy with the ray though :D crackin weather for it

Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 pm

were you fishing off a boat or the shore?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm

lugworm wrote:with this heat wave coming (if we get it) would it be a good time to target ray????????

I dont think you need worry anymore :cry: