Lure for bass

Come on now, ante up! Give us your tips and tricks, those little snippets and trade secrets gleaned from years of experience and experimentation!

Moderator: Seaniebo

Lure for bass

Postby southernstar » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Lads,

I was in a tackle shop today and asked about Lures for Bass - the guy referred me to one that cost 26 quid. It was sliver and floats - cant remember the name but he said he'd give me a money back guarantee on this.

I've caught Bass on various cheap lures before. Is it worth forking out for something like this? Someone else once told me they'll take almost anything - the trick is finding them.

Any advice appreciated,

D.
southernstar
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Lure for Bass

Postby choppers00 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 am

lure fishing can be quiet expensive but if shop around and TRY to stick to a budget you won't go far wrong.Remember BASS can't tell the difference between a lure for E5 or E25 lure.
choppers00
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 6 times

Re: Lure for Bass

Postby tuborg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 pm

southernstar wrote:Hi Lads,

I was in a tackle shop today and asked about Lures for Bass - the guy referred me to one that cost 26 quid. It was sliver and floats - cant remember the name but he said he'd give me a money back guarantee on this.

I've caught Bass on various cheap lures before. Is it worth forking out for something like this? Someone else once told me they'll take almost anything - the trick is finding them.

Any advice appreciated,

D.

Three of us out last year,i had a bass on a feed shallow 25 euro,buddy had one on a rapala
14 euro, and the brother had the largest bass on an old rusty kilty lure 4 euro new but this thing was years old an only fit for the bin.........
As you say the trick is finding them.............
tuborg
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Tips & Tricks for Sea Anglers