Quick and easy way to resize
those proud pictures for your avatar.
1. Go to http://www.picresize.com/
2. Hit choose file, navigate to the picture you want, select and hit continue
3. On step 2 Resize your picture
hit the dropdown menu and select Custom Size
4. On both the dropdown menus for Width and Height change them from Percent to Pixels
5a. For portrait pictures choose width = 100 Height = 120
5b. For landscape pictures choose Height = 120 Width = 100
6. On the bottom hit Im done, resize my picture
7. On the next page you can preview the image. If you are unhappy you can start the process again by clicking on the link and play around with the levels. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 120 pixels wide and 120 pixels high.
8. When you are happy with your results you can hit Save to disk
and it will store it in the same folder as the original picture.
Then just go to SAI - User Control Panel - Profile - Edit Avatar - Hit Choose File - Navigate to file - Hit Submit
If you managed to stay within the pixel limits your avatar will upload. If not its back to square one
I know 90% of people on here have avatars but this is for the technophobes!
Alternatively this will work with pictures for reports also. Just play around with the levels. Pics for reports must be under 1 Megabyte.