Blender.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:03 am

Hi lads had an idea about what to do with all leftover bits of bait , fish guts , fish heads etc.
Was thinking about collecting all the nasty stuff together in a lunch box or something and buying some squid . Then when my girlfriend is out ,
Chop top off the squid clean out and throw all that and contents of lunchbox into a blender
Then stuff the the top of the squid full of the stuff , bang some bait elastic on the end and freeze.
Has anyone tried something like this or does anyone think it would work. Surly it would give off a nice scent trail when used for bait. :?:

Re: Blender.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:37 am

i used a method similiar to this saw it on youtube......using a 4/0 pully pennel rig, cut a little snippet off the tip of the squid and push all the guts n stuff out, then thread ur hook and snood completley thru so the squid is literally on the snood, then bait up the hook with a nice juicy peeler, and then pull the snood so the baited hook is goin into the suids head (bit messy this part) so now u have ur squid head stuffed, then put ur barb thru the squids eyes both of them for security, so now everything is inside the squid secure the end of the squid sealing it from the bottom up with bait elastic, then same as usual wrapp the pennel hook 3r4 turns and thru the head, then jus pierce the stuffed part a few time so the juices ooze out..........this is a very versitile bait as the squid would keep the crab from gettin washed out and can be used up to 3times, jus when u bring it in give it a squeeze and more juices ooze out and throw it back out there........... this is a big bait so be prepared for a big fish :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: good for bass, cod, conger etc......also the stuffin can be watever sandeel sausages, lug sausages, mack sausages, all same method as above...........

i think its a class bait its like a secret weapon of mine now............

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 am

may i suggest (from experience) for ongoing domestic harmony that you might purchase a cheap blender, they arent that expensive and do the same job, for example
http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4229849/Trail/searchtext>BLENDER.htm
it will save an arguement the next time she goes to make a smoothie and SWEARS there is still a faint whiff of fish coming from the blender even though you have already scrubbed it a dozen times and cant smell anything coming off it.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 am

i'm using this method at the min.

full calimari stuffed with all left over bits of bait, tied up and put on a pennel pulley. working very well at the min. had success with rays,doggies,coailes,pouting,conger over the last while.
i find it usefull to pierce the squid too, so it like a natural version of a swim feeder!

and i'd agree with the above suggestion of a seperate blender from the one the mrs uses for here smoothies!!

dave

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:56 am

is this not the answer to expensive divorce or will it cause one :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks for replies lads , think for the sake of an easy life I'll buy another blender. Definitely not worth the arguments.
Tried the one on pennel rig with 4/0s earlier , had the calimari stuffed full of frozen peeler with a few holes in it. Got two doggies probably would have had more if the whiting had left it alone long enough.
Didn't have shock leader set up so couldn't fire it out.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:17 am

get yourself some coarse feeders and convert them to inline feeders and fill them up with your mixture, use a metal cheese grater and grate some frozen fish, mix it through the whizzed up stuff so some particules can drift away and attract the fish to your hook baits works very well above your lead on a flapper rig

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 am

When you say inline feeders do you mean , having the line through the centre of the feeder.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 pm

http://www.planetseafishing.com/tutoria ... mesh-bait/

BUT I USE THE WIFES OLD TIGHTS

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:57 pm

varadero wrote:http://www.planetseafishing.com/tutorials/read/pennel-rigging-an-armamesh-bait/

BUT I USE THE WIFES OLD TIGHTS

GOOD POST NEVER HEARD OF THAT STUFF BEFORE.............BUT ID PROBLY GET BATTERED IF I TOOK A PAIR OF THE MISSUS TIGHTS FOR FISHIN HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lol:

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:04 am

As regards the blender don’t expect it to work miracles like chopping up say Pollack I broke a blender and a mincer trying to do this. it will work the way you said I’ve seen it out perform squid on its own. Another idea that works is freezing it in blocks then throwing them in a mesh bag over the end of a pier make sure to tie it to strong string or rope around it first seems to draw in some Pollock and is very good for coal fish and mullet thin it out with weat bran or bread crumbs

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Sea feeders are a must for me when out Wreck fishing, all the scraps and guts after a days angling go into a tub. then roughly chopped. Bran or oatlets are added in the same tub and drizzle with fish oil, i prefer pilchard, this mixture is then pressed into the feeder which then goes into the freezer.After the boat has come to rest and in position this is then clipped to the swivel link holding the lead. Each feeder lasts about 1hour and their effect is dramatic in drawing conger and ling out from their holds.
When using this method the trace should be short, as many times the fish passes the bait and latches onto the feeder.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 pm

put your girlfriend in the blender, moaning fixed and you,ll save a tenner on that blender!plus you can go out fishing whenever you like ,not sure about stuffing her in squid sausages that just pervey!
if anyone needs stockings dont go for fishnett they would freeze the danglies off ya!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:10 pm

P3180016 (640x480).jpg
Sea feeders, as i described before, these feeders are loaded with left over bait, mixed with bran soaked with fish oil and then put into the freezer, each one lasts well over an hour, and i find that the tub of three is plenty for a days wrecking. they are about 4" long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.