where could i find a lead mould for a sandeel

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:40 am

im looking for a lead mould to make 50-60g sand eels at home
something that looks roughly like the picture below
also wondering whats the best weight moulds to buy? i need to upgrage my homemade mould which is a piece of wood with holes drilled in it :lol: ideal would be a 2 and 4 oz gripper mould

many thanks

and sorry if im in the wrong section :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: where could i find a lead mould for a sandeel

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am

Try ebay. look for spinner/jig mould and there are any amount off griper ones as well.

Re: where could i find a lead mould for a sand eel

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

id recommend www.do-itmolds.com/ they are in my opinion the best. they have a hinge so you can do them a lot faster and there is no messing about with hot moulds here is the section you are looking for http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php?ro ... y&path=1_9 but i would go for a jig type and use soft gel worms also use hot coat because its hard to do chrome coat properly

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

Try Angling Moulds on ebay. The link is below. His shop is closed until next Monday though. Great selection of moulds at great prices.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Anglingmoulds?_rdc=1

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 am

thanks for replies

donal i looked at the site you mentioned and i think they are the moulds i was looking for ( the ones with the hinge and handles) my only concern is being caught with customs charges as the prices are in dollars.

have you bought from them before and is extra charges i need to keep an eye for

many thanks

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 am

Henry in Henry's tackle does Do-It Angling Moulds as well. He might be able to get the Sand Eel one.

Kevin

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:31 am

keano wrote:thanks for repliesDonalal i looked at the site you mentioned and i think they are the moulds i was looking for ( the ones with the hinge and handles) my only concern is being caught with customs charges as the prices are in dollars.

have you bought from them before and is extra charges i need to keep an eye for

many thanks

iv bought a lot of stuff all over the world i'd say take a chance if you are caught you pay the vat + i think its 7 euro to have the vat collected from you. shop around as the us version a vat is sale tax. that varies from state to state. i have a hole heap of do it molds and was never asked for vat the bigest problem and normally its almost the same for a few molds as one the local shop that sells them sell them for about 70e far too high a pice. you can pick them up in the UK but you wont save much http://www.fishingweightmolds.com/shop. ... tegory=105 is another site iv used but he has put up his prices recently

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 am

i bought golf clubs a year or so ago from america and had alot of trouble with them taking over 1 month delivery and £60 extra charges

il look about and if i dont get one closer to home i will probably try the americans

i dont suppose you have any nice moulds going cheap :lol:

thanks for the help

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:22 am

Yip the do it molds are definitely a good job! As for the customs charges, I have absolutely no idea how the process works, but having bought a few things from the US, the only time I have had the additional charge was when the seller used FED-EX as their shipping company. I always specify now on the order now do not use FED-EX :?: