Fishing trip present

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi All
Have no idea if im on right part but maybe someone can help me or tell me where to go.
Im looking to book a fishing trip for my husband for xmas, i know absolutly nothing about this at all, ideally i would like to get a voucher and he could book it when ever suits him, i would also like it to be in dublin, Can someone guide me please im at a total loss and i know he would love it.
Thanks a million
:)

Re: Fishing trip present

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Welcome to SAI pam. It might help if you indicated your budget range and what kind of fishing he's interested in - boat, shore, fly, lure.

Have you considered gift vouchers from a tackle shop?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:59 pm

He's a lucky lad to have someone like you :wink:
there is not a lot of boats operating from dublin and the fishing is not great at the best of times.
if he would travel an hour to courtown there is great value to be had here,all tackle and bait supplied 8) http://www.courtownangling.com/index.html
and if he would travel 2 hours to kilmore quay there is a good range of boats operating down there with a great amount of species to be caught on most days list of operators are here http://www.fishinginireland.info/index.htm not sure about the tackle and bait, better to check when making a booking.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 pm

thanks a million for replying, my budget, well as ive no idea how much something like this would cost but i could go with around 200e, and boat would be the type of fishing, travelling to courtown wouldnt be a prob so ill have a look at that link, thanks, i have looked at the fishing in ireland but as i have no clue about it it just didnt make sense to me!!!! :oops:

thanks again, great help
pam

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 pm

sorry about the link fishinginireland click on link on the right hand side of page there is a find section click on the charter boats this will show you a map of ireland just go down and click on wexford and you will get a list of boats operating in this location :wink: hope this helps
Last edited by JOHN1 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 pm

John i had a look at the courtown one and looks perfect, ill give them a ring tomoro thanks so much to you and tanglerat..!!

pam :D

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm

pamrooney wrote:John i had a look at the courtown one and looks perfect, ill give them a ring tomoro thanks so much to you and tanglerat..!!

pam :D

your more than welcome pam.
i would advise to take the trip from sometime from may onwards for the chance of some decent fish :wink:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 pm

oh right, ill keep that in mind.. Cheers. :wink:

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:16 am

WHAT A LUCKY CHAP!im pretty sure my missus would spend 200 bob to keep me from going fishing!!

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 pm

lol.. maybe i dont know what im letting myself in for!!!!