collecting razor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 pm

just went out there while ago to collect some razor for the first time, i walked round looking for the holes that look like keyholes as such, i poured salt in them and zilch!!! just wondering are they suposed to come strait up outa the holes r do u hav 2 wait a bit?????? and are they close to the waters edge r wat????? any other tips aswell would be much appreciated?????

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: collecting razor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 pm

What beech did you try... Are you sure they are there?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:49 pm

tryed ardnahinch beach, a man i know got 70 down there a week r 2 ago!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:24 pm

sometimes they take a few mins to come up. to be sure you are salting the right holes walk around near the waters edge and look for spurts of water coming out of the sand and salt the hole that is left behind from the spurt of water

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:28 pm

lugworm wrote:tryed ardnahinch beach, a man i know got 70 down there a week r 2 ago!!!!!!!

If he walked the shore line he could have all but cleaned them out I guess!

Sorry, I'm not sure how deep they were I've defo seen them diving there, always meant to go back to pick them but never got around to it!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 am

you will only get them on the lowest of low tides up here in dublin the tide has to be lower than 0.30 and as said above look for the squirts of water and then pour the salt

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:57 pm

your on the right track....try when the tide turns :wink: it works 4 me.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Your best bet is at low water when you get then big tides 0.0 up to around 0.3 that's what I find best no need for salt the fork is just as good.
look here for more info if you like. http://www.ullcatch.com/videos/