Re: Removing the smell of fish

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Ive been in cleaning and car valeting business for few years and all i can tell you is to get your car valeted (wet cleaning).
Yes it costs few bobs but if you rent the carpet cleaning machine like i used to do: (16eur a day in Midleton), bottle of Vanish Carpet cleaning liquid and you will manage to get your car super clean and fresh with just 2-3h work and 25 quid for chemicals and machine rent ;)

Without carpet cleaning machine you will just rub the shaite more in, it may look cleaner but the smell comes back in a week or 2 and also the car gets more dirty sooner as the chemicals and shait isnt sucket out like the carpet cleaning machine does.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

+1 on the shaving cream ,works a treat ,just wash hands as normal then repaeat with the shaving foam

ian............

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 am

I once accidentally locked the cat in the car overnight, by the time I realised the next day it had performed just about every natural function known. This was in summer and a good hot one at that and the smell was unbelievable. I know the cure ; leave the fishing gear in overnight as it could only be an improvement!

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

i find a good brutal fart masks any other smell known to man :D

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 pm

if it does happen again get some boiling water in a bowl pour in some lemon juice and leave in the car for a couple of hours and when finished pour some of the left over water on a clean cloth to make it damp and then wipe all the dash board and any thing that is platics on metal inside the car and your left with a nice fresh clean lemon smell

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Ive been sorting the smell the lazy way lately, a dozen or so magic trees work a treat, only downside to that tho is the super strong fruity/flowerly/fresh smell doesn't half make for a headache from hell :(

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:11 pm

MILLBROOK wrote:shaving foam works wonders

YIP Totally agree with this, shaving foam is a great job, espically after digging rag!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 pm

originalsin wrote:After leaving a bit of gear in the car after a session then forgetting about if for a few days the interior of the car now smells something awful,

Is there an easy way to get rid of the smell or am I just gonna need to get a truck load of magic trees?

How can your car smell of fish when you blank left right and centre :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 am

Ask creep if his car whiffs of fish, he's blanked more than me..... :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Thats the smell of success :) Fabreeze my man, it will do the job

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Your more then welcome to stick your nose in my car and smell the fishy fish :D :D

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Creep wrote:Your more then welcome to stick your nose in my car and smell the fishy fish :D :D

The only fishy fish smell you have in your car is from your questionable standards in bait...... That crab you had last week would have driven fish away had you chose to use it...... It was pretty gank..... :?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Well mate the tricks you have tryed to get rid of the smell in the jeep didn't work as I found out on Sat morning.... glad I wasn't on the batter the night before :P .

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Well mate the tricks you have tryed to get rid of the smell in the jeep didn't work as I found out on Sat morning.... glad I wasn't on the batter the night before :P .

I think the smell was coming from your tackle bag.....

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am

That was peelers that had gone off and they found themselves workin as ground bait, and yep they stank to high heavens! But theres no smell in my car now!! and I'd say the reason is all that rain in youghal when we opened the boot to take the gear out washed the smell right out of it! Other then that I have tried lukewarm water and vinegar in bowl, Lemon Juice and water , and even a peeled onion, as for those magic trees... I prefer the smell of fish!!! Shavin foam Im going to try next time!
@ originalsin hehehe look at our stats, and count them :D :D