Trouble shooting "tiga sl" head lamp.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 am

Realised the other morning when driving into work in the dark that sooner or later I would have to be digging bait in the dark. When I got home, I charged up the battery on the above mentioned lamp. When it was charged I plugged in the lamp and no light! Changed the bulbs and still no light! Went round to a mates house and tried lamp on his battery and it worked. The battery is showing as fully charged on the charger. Any suggestions :? ( Its only a couple of years old)

Re: Trouble shooting "tiga sl" head lamp.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:32 pm

id one of those lights for years & the key to keeping the battery in good shape was to charge it up right away as soon as you got back from a session.or if it was lying idle during the summer months is to charge it maybe once a month,i spose if its a few years old the battery could be coming to end of the road,think they say you get about a 1000 charges of it.
regards

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Cheers for that. When I was usin it for fishin it was constantly on charge, but I only really used it for digging bait last year and its been lying uncharged since about May. Anyone got a spare battery for sale???

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Have you tried putting a meter across the terminals of the battery the reason your charger is telling its fully charger is because its the battery cant take anymore charge but its not full charged due to the load that is put onto it when you try and light the lamp..... Leave it switched on and let it fully discharge and then try charging it again slowly..... over a few hours... that seeking as a sparks !!!! Hope that helps

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:57 pm

spelling lessons needed or spell check should be speaking as a sparks

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:52 pm

it might just be a dirty battery connection try a light rub of fine sand paper on the battery connections and spray some wd 40 on a rag and wipe them clean