Aughrim

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:39 am

I know it's sea angling, but I sat in Aughrim for 4 hours and caught nothing. I used worms. In case you haven't noticed already I'm new to fishing, any tips for fishing in lakes in general or specifically Aughrim

Re: Aughrim

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 am

All the info you need in the link below
http://www.anirishanglersworld.com/inde ... o-wicklow/

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 pm

I was talking about the lake in Aughrim :roll: Thanks anyway though

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm not a river or lake fisherman but ive heard from some and they recomend castlecomber discovery park, seems like they work closely with inland fisheries and have a great setup, aughrim seems poorly stocked allthough great playground for the kids :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Cianoo333 wrote:I was talking about the lake in Aughrim :roll: Thanks anyway though

oops sorry I thought you were reffering to real trout fishing and not stockie bashing... :roll:

Try a bubble float with an 8' leader of 6lb flurocarbon and any of the black buzzers if this dont get you a fish I would certainly try a different fishery..Tight Lines...

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 pm

johncodown wrote:
Cianoo333 wrote:I was talking about the lake in Aughrim :roll: Thanks anyway though

oops sorry I thought you were reffering to real trout fishing and not stockie bashing... :roll:

Try a bubble float with an 8' leader of 6lb flurocarbon and any of the black buzzers if this dont get you a fish I would certainly try a different fishery..Tight Lines...

Thanks John, I like how open minded you are :wink: I am thinking of trying another spot, was fishing on the Avonmore the other day and got blanked again, any spots on the river (or any other river in the area) that you know that work well?