Re: smoothie tips

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 am

ok its 2013 NO TALK OF HOUNDS TILL APRIL! its too upsetting for all concerned :twisted:

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am

roger de dodger wrote:ok its 2013 NO TALK OF HOUNDS TILL APRIL! its too upsetting for all concerned :twisted:

From "Cork Cod" topic
roger de dodger wrote:the words of a broken man :cry: :lol: chin up donal keep the red flag flying!!!
:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:28 am

Some have started to show already!!! :wink:

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 pm

kstaff wrote:Some have started to show already!!! :wink:
Yep!!! I guess they never left us?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:25 pm

release the hounds !!, might give a hound session a go on the 26th :), let ya know how it goes

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 pm

thelegend wrote:release the hounds !!, might give a hound session a go on the 26th :), let ya know how it goes

fished ballinoulart a rising tide from 1 pm til 8pm , no hounds, a few flounders was all to show, lots of weed there tho, would have liked to fish it at dark but the 2 lads wanted a guinness session( sighs ) :oops:

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Any hounds showing up on the east coast yet lads ?

Wed May 01, 2013 2:44 pm

had a pup on ennereilly last sat night. theres some biggies been caught in wexford see the report section.

Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Anyone looking for a few crab for the weekend gis a shout...

Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Sound advice thanks roger, I will be targeting them this year.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Great year for hounds so far. Haven't blanked a hound hunt yet but still can't break the 4 - 5 pund mark. I would kill to find out where that 15pounder was caught ;)

Rodgers tips are spot on. When it comes to hounds for me, big big baits is my number one rule

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:39 am

Can anyone suggest a spot on the other side of the border or just over it. Please. I would love to experiance the fight of one. Pm if you don't want to post.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:59 pm

not too bad for the smoothies so far and plenty about biggest so far 7.1lb hoping for a double this year

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:32 pm

If the crabs are on the Feed hard stripping your baits have rigs set up with Prime Bait, (Crab, etc.) keep refreshing and pitching baits out, and when the crabs suddenly die off the feed, send out the prime baits (better crab baits) ;)

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:22 am

Had two young smooth hounds last saturday night 1ft and 1and a half ft long nice fish to catch no matter the size.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Great tips, thanks everyone

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:19 am

Derek M wrote:Had two young smooth hounds last saturday night 1ft and 1and a half ft long nice fish to catch no matter the size.

Had 4 this saturday hounds among a few other species, on low tide. 3 over 3ft long well happy

Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Nice 1 thanks

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 am

Had nearly 6 smoothies among other species on low tide,4 around 3 to 3 and a half foot mark ,1at 4 ft and one which broke off in the breakers :evil: had to be over 6ft easy(would have been my PB for hounds),i even got my waders full of water as i ran into the water to try grab it was well gutted :mrgreen: it took the lead along with the hook and after my soaking i even tied two grip leads together to make grappling hooks to see if i could snag the line and lead he had attached to thinking he might be a little tired after battle(in my dreams) and still near by mad i know but adrenaline was pumping on seeing such a big one and i wanted it big time.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 am

thanks for the tips roger