Re: smoothie tips

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Derek M wrote:Had nearly 6 smoothies among other species on low tide,4 around 3 to 3 and a half foot mark ,1at 4 ft and one which broke off in the breakers :evil: had to be over 6ft easy(would have been my PB for hounds),i even got my waders full of water as i ran into the water to try grab it was well gutted :mrgreen: it took the lead along with the hook and after my soaking i even tied two grip leads together to make grappling hooks to see if i could snag the line and lead he had attached to thinking he might be a little tired after battle(in my dreams) and still near by mad i know but adrenaline was pumping on seeing such a big one and i wanted it big time.

if it was 6 foot long i,d guess it was a tope ,unlike hounds tope have razor sharp teeth so try not to go swimming with one again or you will be getting plenty of adrenaline off a doctor :lol:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:10 am

There some good tips I recently started fishing for smoothies and to be honest I LOVE it such a great fight off them and a beautiful fish also ... Il defo be using some of your tips in the future thanks lads :)

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:50 pm

roger de dodger wrote:
Derek M wrote:Had nearly 6 smoothies among other species on low tide,4 around 3 to 3 and a half foot mark ,1at 4 ft and one which broke off in the breakers :evil: had to be over 6ft easy(would have been my PB for hounds),i even got my waders full of water as i ran into the water to try grab it was well gutted :mrgreen: it took the lead along with the hook and after my soaking i even tied two grip leads together to make grappling hooks to see if i could snag the line and lead he had attached to thinking he might be a little tired after battle(in my dreams) and still near by mad i know but adrenaline was pumping on seeing such a big one and i wanted it big time.

if it was 6 foot long i,d guess it was a tope ,unlike hounds tope have razor sharp teeth so try not to go swimming with one again or you will be getting plenty of adrenaline off a doctor :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Some good tips

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 pm

http://www.planetseafishing.com/video/w ... hing-tips/

check this out some great action ,good site too the article on peeler crab is worth a look :wink:
the ggod stuff starts 20 min in to the show :mrgreen: some good tips on bait presentation in the first part 8)

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 am

That's a terrible way of holding those big fish, nobody commented on that so it mustn't do any harm as they swam off grand?

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

there on the way there was a small pup caught on ennereilly on saturday evening it fell to rag worm

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 pm

tight lines wrote:there on the way there was a small pup caught on ennereilly on saturday evening it fell to rag worm

im very tempted to make a trip up east in the next few months

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Dave78 wrote:
tight lines wrote:there on the way there was a small pup caught on ennereilly on saturday evening it fell to rag worm

Do it's worth it when they are in

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 pm

sea serpant wrote:
Dave78 wrote:

Do it's worth it when they are in

I'm just after booking some time off here in work for the last few days of the month and the first days in April, if I get the time off approved, I will head up for 2 days, time to put in some research on where to go , baits etc, etc

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 pm

April is still a bit early ya,d want to start about mid may

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:05 am

with sea serpant here, wait til later in the year - theyll be like vermin when your trying to target anything else!

mind you the better ones are always caught early on - end of april/may time - then all the 2/3lb take over - a shocking waste of good crab!!!

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Thanks for the advice lads on the time of the year to plan a trip up, I will leave it for another day , I might head west to Kerry to try and catch a Bass or two instead.

Would anyone have have details of bait sellers in the Dublin/Wexford area, Please PM if you do, Thank you

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 pm

There's loads of them in Dublin pm tight lines on this site or Dave Tilley or most of the tackle shops and if yer in wexford Joe carley of southeast baits is your man check out his website

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:48 pm

sea serpant wrote:There's loads of them in Dublin pm tight lines on this site or Dave Tilley or most of the tackle shops and if yer in wexford Joe carley of southeast baits is your man check out his website

Thank you Sea serpant

Sun May 04, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks for tips! Hoping to land my first this year :)

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:23 am

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/03/cf01e5c6cc0a3411bec30a4b6974fe96.jpg[/img]
Surfs up

Wed May 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Any hounds showing in Dublin yet? Planning on trying for them tomorrow night unless someone tells me I'm pi**ing against the wind...

Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 pm

[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/06/020a7de80be0a9b3902ed2c6149b8e54.jpg[/img]
Come on down and bring your peeler

Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Fair play Roger, that's the confidence booster I was looking for!