k2 team extreme 13ft v daiwa tdss130a or daiwa sandstorm

Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:39 am

Help me pick i have 1 of these 3 in mind all 13ft fixed spool as i like the fixed spool. But want a better rod and need help. £150. each price range. this is a wife imposed budget.

She dont get the buy best last longer idea. As only been fishing 7 mnth she think i should stay with what i have now.

Ideas on disposing off an angry wife welcome

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:13 am

K2 Blue Metal Extreme, 16ft, Tight Lines. Easy Belfast.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:36 am

Pookie check your pm's

b0ogaloo

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:58 pm

k2 seem a nice rod as does the sandstorm, just check daiwas if you go for one as the reel seats on their fs rods tend to be a bit further up the butt than some other makes and this may affect your casting depending on the style you use

Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:00 pm

I've got a k2 14 ft

It's advertised as 4-8 oz 4 is best 5 ain't so good and 6 kills it stone dead.

It's a 4-5 oz clean ground only rod, which suits me but to be honest with you I have got a 3.0 pound 12 carp rod which is better all round a 3.5 carp rod would lob 4-6 oz 150 yards plus all day and would play a fish better than any beachcaster.

The thing is they are thin and really bend so people who aren't used to them don't trust them but don't forget a 3lb carp rod is capable of taking a 40lb carp out of a weedy pit after a 100 yard plus cast, and is well capable of taking 20 pound line.

The main advantage for me is that I have a slipped disk up between my shoulder blades so pendulum casts and heavy stuff is out of the window anyway, yet with one of these I can still get a bait out to distance when needed or with very little effort lob just 30 yards, and once you have played a fish on one you wouldn't touch a beachcaster again.