BRING BACK THE BOMBER !!!!!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:30 pm

has the bomber rig aka " the widow maker " gone out of fashion ? and the sweet little slider that acompanied it in the surf !! discuss all you matchmen ,

Re: BRING BACK THE BOMBER !!!!!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 pm

this the one you mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

thats the baby , a whiting at extreme ranges worst nightmare :twisted:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

One of my favourite rigs to use for coalies under 20cm when fishing is slow!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 pm

legend has it , that the NTUOW the national trade union of whiting , took it to the EEC in brussels circa 1995 to have it illegal for any angler to carry said bomber in ones trace wallet :?:
Last edited by AG on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm

AG wrote:legend has it , that the NTUOW the national trade union of whiting , to it to the EEC in brussels circa 1995 to have it illegal for any angler to carry said bomber in ones trace wallet :?:

I think I read that somewhere myself actually!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 pm

The Bomber rig that brings back memories ...have not used one in over ten years..

Used to be called the Clacton rig also but i think Gold's loop rig was the main reason for its demise.

The loop rig when made correctly streamlines 2 baits more effectively behind the lead IMO.

Although one thing i found the Bomber useful for was to find which length snoods were working better on the day and once this was found out you could move to a rig with 2 or 3 of the correct length snoods.

Dave.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Good enough for me, Bomber rig city here I come!!! :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Not used one of them things since I was in short trouser :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

just off the phone to richard " the bomber " holgate , bbc1 and the discovery channel are bidding on " match fishing , the bomber years " to be shown in the summer , hopefully gilby doesnt beat him to it 8)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:15 pm

http://www.east-anglia-sea-angling.co.u ... omber.html

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Interesting you should mention the bomber rig . . . . just found this site dedicated to everything "Bomber Rig"

http://www.EveryThingYouWantToKnowAboutTheBomberRig.com

Catchy web address :)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:26 pm

preferred rig body material ??? olive green gantell 50lbs ???????

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:27 pm

JOHN LYNCH wrote:Interesting you should mention the bomber rig . . . . just found this site dedicated to everything "Bomber Rig"

http://www.EveryThingYouWantToKnowAboutTheBomberRig.com

Catchy web address :)

I think you put the wrong web address there John should be:

http://www.EveryThingYouWantToKnowAbout ... rRig.co.uk

Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

AG wrote:has the bomber rig aka " the widow maker " gone out of fashion ? and the sweet little slider that acompanied it in the surf !! discuss all you matchmen ,

slow day at the office Larry?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:03 pm

"bring back the bomber!!"------ I have a headache! :roll: :D

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:"bring back the bomber!!"------ I have a headache! :roll: :D

how dare you , the bomber rig is the chuck norris of match fishing , the be all and end all , unless you use the rare " upside down " varient :shock:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 pm

AG wrote:
Rampent Wreckfish wrote:"bring back the bomber!!"------ I have a headache! :roll: :D

how dare you , the bomber rig is the chuck norris of match fishing , the be all and end all , unless you use the rare " upside down " varient :shock:

Ha ha yes the up and over,long and low,round the corner 3 hook pennel tangle free REBMOB rig, excellent !

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:
AG wrote:

Ha ha yes the up and over,long and low,round the corner 3 hook pennel tangle free REBMOB rig, excellent !

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you fool :oops:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:01 pm

AG wrote:
Rampent Wreckfish wrote:
AG wrote:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you fool :oops:

Or the equally excellent wishbone rig, that never tangles either.