Re: BRING BACK THE BOMBER !!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

what a thread, what a rig! manys a night spent banging them out on the likes of Cushendun beach with a flyer on the shockleader, even clipped it down just to help! lol.
must get a few knocked together for old times sake! and compare results to the loop rig for the craic!
for us the mustad 34042NPBLN were a must in 1/0!
oh.... and black and red amnesia snoods the must have 'incase' it ever tangled up on you!!

as for looking at those dowcra uniparts, think i still have packs of the pink aerobeads kicking around, must hoke out some 'dodgers' and get building some fine rigs! lol

Wed May 11, 2011 3:16 pm

BigPhil wrote:what a thread, what a rig! manys a night spent banging them out on the likes of Cushendun beach with a flyer on the shockleader, even clipped it down just to help! lol.
must get a few knocked together for old times sake! and compare results to the loop rig for the craic!
oh.... and black and red amnesia snoods the must have 'incase' it ever tangled up on you!!

as for looking at those dowcra uniparts, think i still have packs of the pink aerobeads kicking around, must hoke out some 'dodgers' and get building some fine rigs! lol

a true bomber veteran

Wed May 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Great post Phil cheers, consider urself an honorary member of the bomber appreciation society :P

Keep us informed on ur results.

Thu May 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, what can i say, i have dug out a few odds and ends and sat down to it!
Photos will follow soon as i figure out how to use this new camera etc, But...... The North Antrim Flying Bomber lives again!!!!
Boy, that was a nostalgic 15minutes! lol, just a pity I had no Gantel, just had to build it on 60b clear rig body, and maybe cheated a bit by using gemini srt springs in it as they wouldnt have been available when i first used it i think... but still had the 3 colours of amnesia!!!

Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 am

BigPhil wrote:what a thread, what a rig! manys a night spent banging them out on the likes of Cushendun beach with a flyer on the shockleader, even clipped it down just to help! lol.

my socks are tucked in :evil:

i just had a look in the shed and found a rt bomber rig unopened in mint condition size 1/0 SUPERsharp hooks ,i might put it on ebay :shock:

opps it fell in the wheelie bin :cry:

Tue May 24, 2011 3:31 pm

never thought a rig would get so many replys :mrgreen:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Its not just a rig its a way of life :o

Tue May 24, 2011 5:16 pm

husshunter wrote:Its not just a rig its a way of life :o

true 8) live the dream

Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Like them so much i might even frame one and put it up in the room!

Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 pm

BigPhil wrote:Like them so much i might even frame one and put it up in the room!

richard holgates samf match winning bomber is in the london museum under 24hr survielance

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 am

the comp of the year tonight , sportscast irelands big fish bomber ! who will be man enough to launch the bomber rig in anger for the title 8)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

does it make a difference how long the leaders are for the hooks

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:40 pm

marklocko wrote:does it make a difference how long the leaders are for the hooks

the bomber rigs id make, and i do still make some would have snoods top about 24 to 30in and bottom about 12 to 15in long, experiment :wink:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:35 am

JOHN1 wrote:
marklocko wrote:does it make a difference how long the leaders are for the hooks

the bomber rigs id make, and i do still make some would have snoods top about 24 to 30in and bottom about 12 to 15in long, experiment :wink:

I'm gettin' the shakes,just thinking about......loop rig , me arse! :roll:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:13 pm

I never thought this day would come but it has, the front page of Sea Angler this month :D

It's back!!! Long Live the Bomber Rig, great work to all who made this happen it's a huge day for fishing!!!!

Take to the beaches and target those far off whiting!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm

this months total sea fishing magazine has 2 full pages on the legend that is the bomber rig 8)

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Not to mention the new feature in Total Sea Fishing called Larry Says!

Check out the casting results pages for Larrys views!!! :D

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:50 am

AG wrote:has the bomber rig aka " the widow maker " gone out of fashion ? and the sweet little slider that acompanied it in the surf !! discuss all you matchmen ,

if you turn the top dropper into a pully it works very well and your baits stay in the bait clip aswell

BOMBER

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 am

fished a competition tonight soley with the bomber tied up that i mentioned in the thread, and what can i say.... first man to get the whiting on the beach! boy, did i forget the tangles they can cause to that rig!!!!
Last edited by BigPhil on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 pm

he who has faith !!!!!!!!!!!
keep the scene allive