is it possible to wash your floatation suit

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

hey lads can you all tell me how you's go about washing your floatation suit or do you's do it at all and let the rain wash it :mrgreen: .i would not mind giving my one a going over.theres a fishy smell off it :mrgreen: .

any tips on how to do it

thanks brian

Re: is it possible to wash your floatation suit

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:50 pm

saving private brian wrote:hey lads can you all tell me how you's go about washing your floatation suit or do you's do it at all and let the rain wash it :mrgreen: .i would not mind giving my one a going over.theres a fishy smell off it :mrgreen: .

any tips on how to do it

thanks brian

How ya Brian,

I have washed my En-Tec many times in the bath with Luke warm water and some detergent.
I haven't had any issues washing it this way, and the suit is still in great condition.

Just be careful when you hang it out to dry, it will weigh quite a bit with the water retention ....and could pull the washing line down.... :lol:

Danny.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 pm

:lol: Don was telling me how he washed his and I nearly fell off the pier laughing
He put it on and got into the shower and washed it down that way :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:04 pm

cathald wrote::lol: Don was telling me how he washed his and I nearly fell off the pier laughing

Classic :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

cathald wrote::lol: Don was telling me how he washed his and I nearly fell off the pier laughing

Ha ha :lol: Another option is to hang it out in the rain and then let it dry out on the line.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Genious :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm

lay it out in the garden and use a mild detergent ie. a small amount of washing up liquid in some warm water,i wash mine with a soft sweeping brush then hang it up on the line and hose it down ,just dont put it in the washing machine or tumble dryer :lol:i might try the shower next time :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:23 pm

haha thats a classic.i suppose there is some one here surely that went in to the bath with it

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 pm

You cant do the bath thing, :shock: :shock: after all its a flotation suit only half of it will get washed :D

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:17 pm

I have fired it into the washing machine on a 40c wash and dried it on a radiator afterwards.

No issues so far.

Donal.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:06 pm

god help your washing machine.you wont be dealing with limescale this time it will be fishscale. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don wrote:I have fired it into the washing machine on a 40c wash and dried it on a radiator afterwards.

No issues so far.

Donal.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:25 pm

could you imagine after shower he done to parajute jumping for dry it,that will be real classsss :) :) :)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and it done the job perfect 8) 8) 8) , got that tip from steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
when i put it on and headed for the shower my missus thought i had lost the plot all together, she was going to phone for the men in white coats :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:17 pm

saving private brian wrote:.theres a fishy smell off it :mrgreen: .

Think yourself lucky, mine only smells of bait. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:17 pm

My suit goes in the washing machine on a low heat seating with a mild detergent and then hung out on the line to dry. I do the same with all my gear and never had a problem.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:19 pm

i put mine on the washing line and use mild detergent a soft brush then hose it down. have also had it on and got in the shower but dont do that anymore as i flooded the bathroom :oops: :oops: