hole in waders - help

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I have a pair of cabellas with a hole near the toe - they are type where you put boots on over them

dont know what the correct title for the material is but its like scuba diving material not plastic

its not on a seam so i reckon if i did a good repair job i might get another season out of them

all advice welcome, thanks

Re: hole in waders - help

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Brian
See below link from Simms for Neoprene foot repair.

http://www.thetroutshop.com/fishing-equ ... prene-foot

You can get the adhesive in Henry's
http://www.henrystackleshop.com/product ... ucts_id=42

Mick

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:25 pm

goodman mick :D

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am

ive a neoprane patch i can give you brian,will bring it over on the twelvth.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm

now you just have to figure out exactly where the hole is :twisted:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:28 pm

im lucky in that its a blatant obvious hole - i did the dry dark sock routine and stuck me foot in a bucket of water just to be sure - much to the amusement of the neighbours :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

you can get "serious glue" in b&q same as aquasure/stormsure. gunk it over the leak, spread it out nice and neat and leave it for 24-36hrs to dry.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:38 pm

i am surprised that when you bought them that they did not come with a repair kit.mine just went there a week ago.went at the wellie seems,mine are shakespeare.just went over to me dads and robbed a puncture repair kit.first of all sanded it to help the rubber plaster get a grip.then used the adhesive,placed the rubber plaster on it and then put some weight on it.after gave a few more coats of adhesive especially around the sides.then in my wader repair kit i got some adhesive tape that has to applied with an iron.i covered the area with the tape,then put a sheet of tinfoil over it then place the medium hot iron on it for 10 - 15 seconds.repeated the process well over especially at the ends.now at the end i have laced the ends of the tape with more adhesive glue.havent tested it yet but im optomistic :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm

roger de dodger wrote:now you just have to figure out exactly where the hole is :twisted:

Fill the waders with water and mark the hole where you see the water coming out.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:24 pm

This could make your problem worse, I heard it stretches the material to much.
Going into a dark room with your waders and a torch seems better :).

Tommy

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:54 am

TOM aquasure is the only stuff i have shares in it at this stage.