how do i put the magnets into my 525 mag?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:11 pm

i took my 525mag slidey apart to give it a quick clean and the 4 magnets popped out. im having a little trouble getting them back in as they keep popping out and sticking together :lol: . is there any trick to it without glueing them in?
also, how do i know which way to put them in as in + or -?
cheers
denis.

Re: how do i put the magnets into my 525 mag?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 pm

use a drop of glue mate...although candle wax is an even better idea as once you glue them they are stuck there permantely and you wont be able to remove them further down the line if you want to speed the reel up.

you should insert them poles alternating ie +-+-

let another magnet stick to the end of your screwdriver and when the mags are in correctly run the one attached to the screwdriver past them...they should pull/push the magnet attached to your screwdriver in an alternating fashion.

hope that makes sense!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

gearoid mc s. wrote:hope that makes sense!

it sure does, thanks a mill

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:18 pm

What about a tiny bit of blue tack?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 am

just leave em out :lol: :lol: :lol: what kinda man are ya magnets indeed :mrgreen:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 am

roger de dodger wrote:just leave em out :lol: :lol: :lol: what kinda man are ya magnets indeed :mrgreen:

obviously im not much of one roger :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:22 am

hey red,

a smear of vaseline also keeps them fom popping out :wink:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 pm

cheers, i ended up using a tiny dab of hot melt but i think i might have used a little too much. the spool doesnt spin properly when the mags are on full so i think the mags are too close to the spool, its perfect with the mags half off.
might have a few casts with it as is, and if its not right ill try the vaseline.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 pm

gearoid mc s. wrote:
you should insert them poles alternating ie +-+-

So thats what i did wrong..... thanks!
I also stuck them back with superglue, but a bit of debonder will get them free again. I hope.