Bait Presentation

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:12 pm

I have had look on the site alot and heard that bait presentation is important.

I found this link http://www.southdevonfishing.org.uk/43.html.

What would be great if people posted some images here on how they present bait.

Tight Lines

Anthony

Re: Bait Presentation

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm

I dont like his presentation of lug prefer it the other way around with the head of the worm at the point of the hook as this is where most of the scent is,its only sand at the buisness end in photo resulting in fish plucking at the bait as missed bites in my opinion.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Thats why i think the good people of this forum should post there bait presentation images here
Better still a couple of how to's and include hook types and sizes?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 am

husshunter wrote:I dont like his presentation of lug prefer it the other way around with the head of the worm at the point of the hook as this is where most of the scent is,its only sand at the buisness end in photo resulting in fish plucking at the bait as missed bites in my opinion.

Ive never heard of that before makes alot of sence i must have a go at that,
cheers :wink: :wink:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 am

husshunter wrote:I dont like his presentation of lug prefer it the other way around with the head of the worm at the point of the hook as this is where most of the scent is,its only sand at the buisness end in photo resulting in fish plucking at the bait as missed bites in my opinion.

Would bait not be more inclined to come off the hook with the softer end being at the point? Suppose tipping off with a bit of squid would hold it well anyway, must try that in future, great wee tip :wink:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 pm

After being shown how to put on bait the right way :shock: .. using a bait needle :) i was then advised to tip the worm with a bit of mackerel. :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHENLhi8GF8&NR=1 (baiting a boat cod rigs)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN8sXpvGw8c&NR=1 (pennel rig and squid)

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm new here and dutch,but we always use a baiting needle when dealing with worms,any kind of worms ! Of course the goes on first.

Piscator :(

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 pm

good bait presentation is important ,one mistake alot of anglers make is masking the hookpoint have a look at your bait after you retreive it if its in a ball at the bend in the hook its not going to catch as well as an unmasked hook a few turns of bait elastic can keep most baits in place even lug, as for putting worms on tail first why use the tail at all if its full of sand? nip it off with your finger :?: baiting needles are good and will help threading soft baits like mussel,razor,rag ect i dont use them much but have one taped to my tripod so i dont misplace it or find it by accident while rummaging around my tackle box :twisted:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 pm

When I'm using lug I remove the sand tail and slide the worm on head first. What works for me lovely and I would never fish with out it when using worms is to tie in a stop knot and slide this just above the eye of the hook. I cut the knot line trails back to about 1mm. I slide the head of the worm to the knot the pull the knot into it.. The knot acts as a "barb" and i find it holds the worm very well so no use of elastic. I read back my description and I dont even know what im trying to say :D

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 am

if you make your own trace, when you tie the hook to the trace leave a tag of line at the eye of the hook about 8mm and this will keep your worm bait on without any problems very simple but it works.