Plaice Season!!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:41 am

Can anyone tell me the best time of year to fish for Plaice? And any other tips like conditions and bait etc. Any Help would be appreciated

Re: Plaice Season!!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:56 am

plaice usually start to show around march/april and can be caught along the wicklow coast til about september... i usaually use a 2 hook c;ip rig with size 1/2 hooks... beads attracters are meant to work although i have never seen any real difference in catches when using them ... lug worm tipped with squid/mussel is a good bait although i find plain ragworm a hard bait to beat... let bites develope and flat calm conditions are best :wink:

ps i was out fishing wit a mate of mine a couple of months ago on one of the wicklow beaches and he landed one topping nearly 3lbs on the scales :shock:

Re: Plaice Season!!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 am

sea serpant wrote:plaice usually start to show around march/april and can be caught along the wicklow coast til about september... i usaually use a 2 hook c;ip rig with size 1/2 hooks... beads attracters are meant to work although i have never seen any real difference in catches when using them ... lug worm tipped with squid/mussel is a good bait although i find plain ragworm a hard bait to beat... let bites develope :wink:

ps i was out fishing wit a mate of mine a couple of months ago on one of the wicklow beaches and he landed one topping nearly 3lbs on the scales :shock:

Hey, Thanks for the advice maybe i might still catch one thats hanging around before the end of the month i can always hope!! :) I have a freezer full of squid so i will try that out!! Sounds like it was a Great plaice bet he was delighted. :D Thanks again for the tips man