Dead Rag

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 am

I have 2 tubs of Rag in the fridge that didn't survive since the weekend, they are all dead and starting to stink :( are they any good for bait in this condition or are they just fit for the bin? any help welcomed.

Re: Dead Rag

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am

Think dead/dying worms are supposed to be good for Dabs, had a couple of dead ones on Sunday night and the pouting seemed to still like them?

Good luck in finding out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 am

if you can freeze them and spread them out as much as possible this can work

then go floating with them where you dont have to cast, they can work

or if your just dropping down the side of a pier/rocks

no good if you have to cast

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Nice one, thanks for your help lads.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Manky rag can work well for flounder on occasion.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Last year I headed out on a spur of moment session as the wind had picked up and it looked good for surf fishing but all I had was a bunch of dead smelly rag and a frozen mackerel. I got 4 bass on the manky rag and lost a big one (nothing on the mack).

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm

RockHunter wrote:Last year I headed out on a spur of moment session as the wind had picked up and it looked good for surf fishing but all I had was a bunch of dead smelly rag and a frozen mackerel. I got 4 Bass on the manky rag and lost a big one (nothing on the mack).

Nice one Frank, I had to bin the Rag as i could not get out :( next time i will keep it probably have more success with the dead stuff. :?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm

have had some good wrasse fishing on manky rag..
it was so bad we almost had to pour it on the hook :roll: