ballina(mayo) ragworm available

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:22 pm

hi lads,aftert goin into one of my local fishing shops today to buy gear,i came out with a great bargain, i have to be kind in return so i cleared it with him to put a topic up here.

so any1 that is lookin for ragworm now in the ballina area,paddy in the ballina angling centre has just got them in.they r in great size and are only 7 euro a tub.if he gets the rite amount bein sold he will keep them supplied to us.

hope this is helpful for any1 thinking of fishing the north mayo coast or sligo

phone ballina angling centre on 096 21850

Re: ballina(mayo) ragworm available

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Nice one Brian, that'll be handy for oul' fellahs with bad backs like myself, and for summer visitors - I've a few coming soon who'll avail of it. :)

Maybe better post it on "Tips and Tricks" tho?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Bit pricey. €7 for a tub a 20, init???
How can these angling shops get away with charging so much??

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Surfrod wrote:Bit pricey. €7 for a tub a 20, init???

They're 8 or 9 euro in cork so 7 quid isn't too bad at all. Mind the fingers though. :lol:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm

the reason there 7 is that he is only starting off and if he gets enough of them sold maybe he mite drop anpother heuro or too off.u gotta remember we live on the west coast and unfortunately dont get rag like ye do on the east.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 pm

evan699 wrote:

They're 8 or 9 euro in cork so 7 quid isn't too bad at all. Mind the fingers though. :lol:

dan in the half way used to be either €6 or €6.50 i think, havent got them in a while from him tho.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm

you cant get them anywhere else bar shore thing in westport - none in galway so i would gladly pay €7 to get me hands on them