my bright idea

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi all i was trying to think of a way of make life easy when it come bring all my rods and gear on long walks accross a long walk on a beach have had some serious torture accross beachs :evil: . so my great idea was to put all my rods in a golf bag wich would be far easyer i think my father recons this wont work can anyone tell me if this would work or what do you use keeping in mind money is tight
cheers Darragh

Re: my bright idea

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:05 pm

youngfisher wrote:Hi all i was trying to think of a way of make life easy when it come bring all my rods and gear on long walks accross a long walk on a beach have had some serious torture accross beachs :evil: . so my great idea was to put all my rods in a golf bag wich would be far easyer i think my father recons this wont work can anyone tell me if this would work or what do you use keeping in mind money is tight
cheers Darragh

if the sand is soft the narrow wheels on a golf buggy will dig in,the thing to buy is a humpalumpa! check out this www.humpalumpa.com

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:32 pm

The wheels on my golf trolley are 5 or 6 inches wide, but not sure how it would fare on a beach.

I guess you should give it a go and see if it makes life easier for you.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 pm

It sounds like a great idea :idea: you should give it a go. :)

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:20 pm

i saw a guy at benone 2 years ago using a golf trolly for his rods, he reckoned it was fine as long as you only put your rods into it to keep the weight down to stop it sinking into the sand :wink: :)

Wed May 12, 2010 12:03 am

Its a lot easier to cope with a bogged down trolley that a car - happened to me at the far end of portstewart beach , and nearly on the other side of the Bann at Castlerock. Probably a good idea to have a spade in the boot if you take the car onto the beach too ;-p

Wed May 12, 2010 9:00 am

kryss wrote: Probably a good idea to have a spade in the boot if you take the car onto the beach too ;-p

trade the car and spade in for a 4x4

Wed May 12, 2010 9:19 am

If a golf trolley can get my cans to my tent at Oxegen it can get your rods to the shore on the beach!

Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

Cormdogg wrote:If a golf trolley can get my cans to my tent at Oxegen it can get your rods to the shore on the beach!

what was that, a 6 pack of dutch gold :lol: :lol:

Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 pm

shamoo0804 wrote:The wheels on my golf trolley are 5 or 6 inches wide, but not sure how it would fare on a beach.

I guess you should give it a go and see if it makes life easier for you.

I wouldn't bother with the golf trolley the wheels just dig into soft sand and shingle they have been tried before and failed (have the book), the humpalumpa trolley wheels like the Ian Golds trolley wheels were designed for sand and are inflated with only one psi of pressure to spread the load.

Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
Cormdogg wrote:If a golf trolley can get my cans to my tent at Oxegen it can get your rods to the shore on the beach!

what was that, a 6 pack of dutch gold :lol: :lol:

Yep :) 2 for each day!

I still say try the golf cart, the cheapest humpalumpa on ebay is €100 plus postage!

If you've money to spend here's what you want!

http://www.toys.ie/12V-CAT-Dumper-!F01140-prod.aspx

Thu May 13, 2010 9:11 am

I'd bring the wife instead of using a golf trolley..............
Works for me grand.................

Fri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

Might work for the beer aswell! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:39 pm

:shock: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:01 am

Don't know if you meant a golf trolley like everyone thinks, or just a golf bag. I got a thing out of Lidl last year for carrying rods, is like a small golf bag and stiff so gives some protection and has a shoulder strap, but it's only about four feet tall - the two halves of a 9ft 2 piece spinning rod stick out of it. Keep an eye out on Lidl and Aldi I think it was about 10 or 15 lids.

You could also try a medium size rucksack from a camping shop - loads of carrying space and a lot of them have straps running up them for carrying ice axes, you could use them to attach fishing rods. Possibly a bit pricy though.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:02 pm

you can get a rod sling titan make them ,my beach buddy bag fell apart so i use my old rod sling to lump it about 8)