finding a surf beach for bass

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 pm

here is a site that might help find a beach for bass, http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Europe/Ireland/index.html

Re: finding a surf beach for Bass

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Ever tried Bass fishing where there are surfers?? Complete bunch of asses. Steer clear of any beaches they are using is my advice.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 am

Doctor Hook wrote:Ever tried Bass fishing where there are surfers?? Complete bunch of asses. Steer clear of any beaches they are using is my advice.

their probably saying the same about you cos your flinging a lead out towards them.

what i do is move to a corner of the beach and leave them have the rest of it. if they want to start coming down towards me then i have no bothers with preparing to cast towards where they are. ive never actually cast towards them tho, usually if they see me preparing to swing a 5oz lead at their heads they clear off quick.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

Surfers have every right to enjoy the beaches, I just wish they extended that idea to others.
Round here they seem to arrive periodically in tribes and take the place over, leaving vans and campers abandoned rather than parked. One prime fishing spot is now shut off completely to all because the landowner got fed up with vehicles, rubbish, fires, open gates etc.

I was going to say thank god surfers cant surf in the dark, but they'll probably figure out some way to use night vision gear.... :(

If a beach is on a surfing site I wont go near it.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Since moving to the NW 5 years ago, I havent managed a season yet without hooking at least one surfer, none yet in 2010 but its early season yet. Tullan strand is a particular hot spot, you can walk over a mile down the beach away from everybody and there will still be someone who will insist on walking all the way up the beach just to surf in front of you. Luckily (for them) the hook never went past the wetsuit. I used to get worked up about it and chuck leads and insults in their general direction but I just gave up, its not worth the hassle.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Put out a bogus report about large sharks being seen close to the beach attacking seals - that might scare them off. :wink: