home made lure for all the bass addicts to try

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:09 pm

in the following link you can see how to make a home made lure,all materials for it are quite easy to get
http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/fishing-lures-home-made.htm

Re: home made lure for all the Bass addicts to try

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 pm

thats not a bad idea could make a few changes to it plenty of flash foil

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am

if that thing catches a bass then call me winston :lol:

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 am

didnt winston say a while back that

Bass are the blondes of the sea
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm

red wrote:didnt winston say a while back that

Bass are the blondes of the sea
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blondes are not retadarded just dumb :wink:

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:14 pm

eric wrote:if that thing catches a Bass then call me winston :lol:

1. You'd be amazed the crude crap we used to catch bass with back in the late Neolithic.
2. I've got plugs/lures that started out all lifelike and fishy and are now unrecognisable battered wrecks but still catching. (Which suggests its more about motion than looks).
3. Always wondered - what the hell is that in your avatar pic? Good to see it back on anyway... :D
Last edited by hugo on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 pm

1- thats great how old are you? was there many cod back in the neolithic and did global warming exist yet? :lol:
2- im sure a battered rappala stands a chance but as far as im aware bass arn't into floating turds with a bit of shiny tin foil wrapped around its center.
3- its a bit of tumble weed :wink:
Last edited by eric on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:47 pm

1. Ah now, The Rules, The Rules, or you'll have to go again....
2. Seriously, I've caught bass and pollock and others on home made things that looked like they fell into the water off your granny's hat. Currently trying to recycle old cigar tubes into some kind of combined popper and floating swim feeder. (2.39? - time for my medication...)
3. Is that stuff still blowing down Putland Road?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Hugo wrote:1. Ah now, The Rules, The Rules, or you'll have to go again....
2. Seriously, I've caught Bass and pollock and others on home made things that looked like they fell into the water off your granny's hat. Currently trying to recycle old cigar tubes into some kind of combined popper and floating swim feeder. (2.39? - time for my medication...)
3. Is that stuff still blowing down Putland Road?

1- stop forcing me to walk the deadly bridge of doom
2- ive caught pollock and bass on fairly strange looking yoke too and i reckon the cigar tubes would make a good mackerel float, might be a bit big for a popper, you dont need any medication.
3- nah found its under water while i was busy blanking a few months ago

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:24 pm

ah now. my old man caught many bass on a plug that was repainted every year, it looked like nothing youd buy anywhere , and yet it took many , many bass!

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:32 pm

See? Anyway, back to the topic.... Another good find GF, thanks yet again. I reckon that by making 2 or 3 bodies from smaller tubing, they can be linked together to make an expendable jointed lure for exploring my local tackle graveyards. 8)

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 am

Hugo wrote:I reckon that by making 2 or 3 bodies from smaller tubing, they can be linked together to make an expendable jointed lure for exploring my local tackle graveyards. 8)

thats why i got the lidls shads last year. if im somewhere new i pop one of them on for a few casts to see if its snaggy or not.

heres a post by teacher from 2 years ago,

teacher wrote:
There's also a lot of hype around lures. There are a lot of new, modern lures that work very well and might improve your chances, but at the same time, you can stick a hook on a teaspoon and still catch fish!! (I know someone who has used a carrot with treble hooks to great effect ...)

and i think its fair to say he knows what he's talking about when it comes to lure fishing

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 am

A carrot? Grow-Your-Own lures? Brilliant...... :D

Dont know the Teacher's track record but I agree totally with his sentiments. I've even used some kitchen foil screwed tight round a barrel lead and caught with it. Apart from the cost aspect, landing fish is even more crack when you do it on something you made up yourself, and you're not terrified all the time as when you're using something costing €20 plus.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 pm

brilliant. possibilities are endless.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 pm

try the tinsel from Christmas around a hook,macks love it. have caught 1 bass on a bright pink homemade xmas lure!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 pm

I'll try that :lol:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am

I've caught biggish (>7lb) pollack off the boat with rigs made from the hairy silver Xmas tree stuff, trimmed a bit to made it slimmer and more eel-like. Never tried it for bass off the shore, but ....... :idea:

Istabraq, can you post details/pic of your pink Xmas lure?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Hugo wrote: Apart from the cost aspect, landing fish is even more crack when you do it on something you made up yourself

Very good point and the very reason I try to tie all my own flies. Great sense of achievement.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm

ill be givin that a whirl meself

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

worth a shot