7HT reel

Fri May 06, 2005 11:54 pm

Have just got a second head 7HT and am find it rough to cast as I keep getting birds nests. If I put on full brakes it stops to quiet and slows down cast. I cast of the ground and would like any help or advice.

Colin

7 HT

Sun May 08, 2005 2:57 pm

No offence intended but these reels are generaly regarded as the most user friendly of all. Neil MacKellow has a website with tips on tuning but it might be that you need to make your cast a little smoother. I feel this is the major influece on getting a birdsnest and something i try to focus on.

Are you getting results with other multipliers?

Sun May 08, 2005 3:42 pm

No offense taken I have a mag elite (ABU) and can cast it find off the ground. as regards the 7HT I can cast it when full brakes are on but as I said lose distance.When I loosen brakes is when I get nests. I would prefer to use 7Ht as it is better in my opinion. It may be a case of practice makes perfect.

Colin

Sun May 08, 2005 7:51 pm

As Mick J says these are the most docile reels there are.
What size of brake blocks are you using ,and how many?
I've been using mine for over ten years now and probably only had four or five birdies in all that time.My favourite reel,even better than my 6500ct rocket.

Fri May 13, 2005 2:04 pm

kleeneze wrote:No offense taken I have a mag elite (ABU) and can cast it find off the ground. as regards the 7HT I can cast it when full brakes are on but as I said lose distance.When I loosen brakes is when I get nests. I would prefer to use 7Ht as it is better in my opinion. It may be a case of practice makes perfect.

Colin

7HT was my first multiplier slapped on big brakes but it wasn't untill i oiled the barings that I got smooth nest free casting albe it too far to my right :(

Sun May 15, 2005 9:49 am

thank you all for your help I will follow your leads

colin