Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:18 am

yeah i can't source them. gonna try askin around again. they have there uses alright. i remember Ian Golds using them for flatties in an 'Art of Fishing' article. always liked the look or them.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:45 am

Did you collect The Art of Fishing too?

Still have six binders of them to refer to, didn't collect them all though - pity.

Bit of a shame that nobody has thought of bringing out an up to date version.

Lee

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:16 pm

yeah! some great stuff in it. i reckon it will become collectable again. funny seeing the 'young' versions of some of todays anglers!! nice mix too with lots for everyone.

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 pm

Mark,

Ian still has a couple of those things left, he keeps talking about getting someone to make them for him to sell in his range but never gets around to it...I will mention it to him now that you have jogged my memory.

Tom.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:58 pm

please do!! i could do with some!! cheers.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:02 pm

squalus, i think i know the ones you are on about, they were just like a normal grip or plain lead but had an extra long tail wire at the top on which the swimfeeder slid, it was made from a smoky white? clear platic similar to a coarse fishing on with the closed end at the top? only ever had one which i found on a beach one night, never really got a chance to put it to the test before i lost it though!

Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:13 am

In Decembers Sea Angler there are" surf feeders " advertised in the new gear page ....available from http://www.shambrooktackle.com the link doesnt work though :?

Available with either plain or gemini grip heads

Andy

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:49 am

http://www.julianshambrook.com/

This gives an explanation why his site is down.....he's working for Anyfish Anywhere now

Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:02 pm

yeah I know

but its strange that they are advertised in Decembers Sea Agnler availvable from that web addy

Andy

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:41 pm

just saw then feder/weight thing on or arounf p40 of this months sea angler looks a smart ideabut would the weight hold bottom in strong seas

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:53 pm

hi all ,i think the name of the company that made or distributed molds for feeder leads is scentpac .the mold cast 2 leads 1grip & 1 plane 5oz.you got plastic tubes and long wire eyes with the mold.when you made a lead the tube slides over the lead and snaped into a gruve witch keeps it in place..don't know if these people are still around :?:

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:19 pm

Came across this recently:

http://www.fatalattractor.co.uk/

HTH,
Patrick

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:11 am

Shambrooks tackle site is now up and running
below is the link to the surf feeders

http://www.sharnbrooktackle.com/acatalo ... iT_98.html

Andy

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:25 am

Buyer beware!!

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/for ... 2282&page=

This kind of thing makes it hard for anyone who is trying to trade honestly on the internet, half the stuff Sharnbrook has is a mish-mash of stuff used by freshwater anglers. On one Californian board about a year ago, they were trying to sell an electronic bite alarm and a set of carp anglers rod pods to the American surf anglers saying "it is the latest thing from the UK and being used with great success and everyone is using them" yeah right!!

This company has nothing to do with Julian Sambrook the rod builder, check the spelling of the names.

Tom.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:35 am

I can't believe anyone would fall for this... the site is called SHARNBROOK but with lowercase it looks a lot like shambrook

sharnbrook
shambrook

Con artists can be found everywhere, and using someone Else's name to sell more gear sure is low.. I'm not getting this wrong am I? He is trying to use Shambrook as in Julian Shambrook isn't he? Or am I getting this wrong? Is it a guy called Sharnbrook running this on-line store?

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:29 am

Possibly not, the place where the business is located is called Sharnbrook, it looks like that where they took the trade name from.

For me its the way they claim to have products that are used by the guys who know what they are doing. Most of the items they sell are intended for other applications. they cant be doing that well, if they mess customers about like the one from Portugal. That statement about the rod blank being sent to Turkey by mistake, that is said to get them off the hook with the credit card company, they're not supposed to claim the funds on the card until the good have been dispatched.

We are all tackle fanatics and like a kid on Christmas morning if we're waiting for a new toy, that guy has waited almost 3 months and cant even get a refund off them to go elsewhere. It may do him a favor in the long run, those Lamiglas blanks are not meant for European type fishing, can you believe Lamiglas make a one piece 12'6" blank, tapered all the way down to the end of the butt and call it "A British Style surf rod" :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:18 pm

ive been reading these posts about these saltwater swimfeeders,and they seem like a good idea to me,only prob im having though is how exactly would you set one up?
do u set them up with a float or just suffice the weight in the feeder as you would a lead weight?? or use both feeder and weight?
maybe someone could post a diagram on how to set this rig up.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:24 pm

The proper way to use them in surfcasting is to place them between the trace and the lead I guess...

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 pm

I think you can get some swim feeders with the lead weight already attached inside the tube.

Funny thing is I do think ground baiting the surf works, but I've never thought the swim feeders would work, I may give it a try one of these days.

I got a doggy last summer, it came in with half a whole mackeral flapper in its mouth, no where near the hook, the little bugger wouldnt let go until it was on dry land. I have this thought of a big fish taking the feeder in its mouth, winding in and seeing it drop off in the surf :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom.

commercially available swimfeeder

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:15 pm

I'm looking for one I saw on rex hunts fishing, where a washing up bottle like arrangement with a flap and a lead weight deposit a kilos worth of bait at a time

Came across this for the casting boys as well
http://www.fatalattractor.co.uk/

Kev