Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:13 pm

some real jems of advise here lads - ive got some mental ideas waiting to be "created now" - lets hope the fish appreciate all the hard work :D

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:22 pm

Have seen them used at Benone in competition but the guy next to him caught more fish. he picked them up on the trail before they got to the feeder.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:32 pm

I seem to remember seeing "aroma leads" basically a lead with a special coating. You can soak em in fish blood or whatever and they will absord the scent and once in salt water let it out over time.... I never saw them in the Irish shops though ???

ground bait

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:17 pm

i use the openended feders for mullet just use more water in them so thaat it gets a chance tosink to the otom beforebreaking up as for using them for preditors and skavangers they seem to just have a go at the feader rather thasn take your hook
i use onion bages tied to close lines so you can retreve the bag when your done there is nothing worse than turning a good spot into snag city i fill them with scraps of fish old bait ext and trow them over the side weaided down with diving weights or rocks of a peir clif works well for conger and have sean scools of dogyies come in for them also minsed fish and bread crums brings in colies

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:56 pm

i like the idea of this,but how would u set the rig up for sea fishing? would u use the swimfeeder as the weight when filled with the likes of liver or what?
maybe a diagram would help for those who want to try it out......

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:i like the idea of this,but how would u set the rig up for sea fishing? would u use the swimfeeder as the weight when filled with the likes of liver or what?
maybe a diagram would help for those who want to try it out......
my photocantiser/feeder also makes space for three 12gram leads, so it can be used as an weight... can take photos or make a piture of it later tonight.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:13 pm

yeah that would be great thanks a lot.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:37 pm

http://fiskeforum.se/ff/index.php?topic=10.0

Follow link and you will find pics of my feeder and the leads i use inside it.
As you can see there is holes in the leads so i just thread the mainline through them all, it gives the whole thing alittle flexability so when a fish takes the hook he can pull some line without the whole feeder follows him and spooks him.

Now i use a thicker line to this contraption, 0.46mm

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:38 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i never thought of the application of a swim feeder for boat fishing, but again it all makes sense. I suppose part of the idea came from a three hook flapper - more bait in the water = stronger scent = more fish in the swim going for the hook baits. What I would be really interested in is an aero dynamic feeder, something that could stand up to a distance cast, maybe a rounded bottom on the feeder, or something with a lesser diameter - what dya think?

bob,have u looked at a fox bait rocket,when i was course fishing in England i used to use these and they are very handy and brilliant for dropping bait down in the exact spots where u want it. they dont cause tangles and are aerodynamic (hence the name)
take a look at this site,could be what your looking for.
http://www.fishingmagic.com/review/revi ... /RER/2/v/2

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:14 am

here is an image of my setup for this homemade feeder.

http://fiskeforum.se/ff/index.php?actio ... =325;image

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:30 am

Why not freeze a pile of chum in an oversized lead mould with a wire in it with a swivel on? Weight, feeder and rotten bottom in one!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:02 am

Just a coincidence but I was looking at this yesterday [url]http://www.worldseafishing.com/rigsknots/swimfeeder.shtml[/url]

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:09 am

Read wrote:Just a coincidence but I was looking at this yesterday [url]http://www.worldseafishing.com/rigsknots/swimfeeder.shtml[/url]

ahhh there you go, its not just the crazy swede that does it :lol: :lol:

i´ll try mine out on sunday

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:12 am

Nope, you need be neither Swedish or even slightly mad to do this. Saw an article in Sea Angler a few issues back where some English guy used a swim feeder with a bit of sponge from a car seat in it, soaked in pilchard oil or some such. The guy used it when fishing flounder from the beach.

swim feeder ideas

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:34 pm

I've used drennan maggot feedres in the past. They cast quite well if they are placed just above the lead.

swim feeders.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:44 pm

loads of good advice on the shape and size and contents. instead of casting them out though I use a "flyer" (think its called that) Its the same principle as sliding a bait down your line after the cast when your rod is on the tripod. Only problem is that if your using a heavier shock leader it can get caught on the not. so all i do is have the feeder on a 3_5ft length of line and clip it on to the main line. It has worked well for me. good luck

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:11 pm

as you say about using it as a flyer/slider, tried a 'chum float' rig over the summer slid down the mainlineafter casting the other two hooks out on the bottom.
this float has a built in swimfeeder which i filled with a mixture of bran bread and fish oil. the plan was to attract a garfish or two but alas on the day it didnt work, definately worth trying again though come the summer.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:01 am

A few years ago there were leads, grip and plain that incorporated a swimfeeder. Not sure if they can still be got.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:45 pm

are they the 'bait-safe' things? the hooklenghts and extra bits n pieces all went into a weighted compartment that was locked and unclipped on impact with the water.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:43 pm

Mark,

Where did you see them ? Ive not seen them used for years. They were good and worked on very delicate baits at long distance, but they guy that produced them went out of business years ago.

It was like a coffin shape, great idea that worked fine.

Tom.