Tuna Anybody? Specimen Albacore - 35lbs

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Boat: Ocean Ranger
Skipper: Michael Walsh
Captor: Mark Packham

Got a call from a buddy of mine couple of weeks back….. Fancy a bit of tuna fishing? As it happened I had too many commitments so could not make the trip. :cry:

The guys Michael, Mark, Austin headed from Kinsale and headed west for Kerry. They collected Derek and duly headed offshore to grounds that were known to hold Albacore, somewhere around 70 miles South West of Valentia Island.
Conditions were not ideal (forecast was a little off!) but they persevered, working baits and teasers. Eventually they had to think about heading home but not before they managed to land this cracking 35lb Albacore – a specimen!

Skipper of private boat “Ocean Ranger” Michael Walsh reckoned if they could have hung in for more time they would have had more fish but the conditions were too tough and prudent skippering had them heading back to port. “We have been talking about this for a long while. Derek is a mine of information and an accomplished tuna catcher. His help was invaluable. Hopefully we’ll get another crack off these before late autumn.”

Don’t ya love it when a plan comes together! :D

Re: Tuna Anybody? Specimen Albacore - 35lbs

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Very nice fish.... fantastic capture.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 pm

nice catch lads, pity the weather didnt play ball but at least ye got one for ye're troubles.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

AWESOME!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

what a tuna!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Youd want some can for that bad boy :D

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:27 pm

bigsod wrote:Youd want some can for that bad boy :D