Specimen Shad

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Species: twaite shad

Specimen Weight: 1.1kg

Irish record:1.54kg

Bait: Tasmanian devil

Rigs:

Report: First of all its not my specimen but the young lad jacko's.

Jacko, Dessie and myself went on our yearly 4 day camping trip to St mullins. was great crack & great fishing.
i got jacko the 20gram tazzies so he could get to the far bank which he did. he got loads of fish this was his best 1.1kg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Specimen Shad

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Great result and picture, hooked for life!!! :D :D
screeming

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Great Result Brian. Were you there towrds the end of the season...

We'll done for the your lad.

Kev

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Nice one Brian don't think he'll ever forget that one. :D :D

Yappo

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Brilliant photo and fish, great memory for the lad to look back on in 30 years :D

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Well done...both of ye :D

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks for the replies lads he is over the moon, he keeps rubbing it in my face. i landed a lot of fish but couldn't pull out specimen and to be honest i was the odd one out all the lads who we where camping with had specimens and three of them are off this site so there was plenty of slagging.

hi kev,
tbh we where probably a week to late even though we had a lot of fish and seven specimen between us, a load of mates where down the week before us and they had loads of big fish one lad in particular had seven specimens.
we went down on the 16th to 19th next year it will be a bit earlier depending on the tides of course.

regards

brian

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 pm

It was great to see the young lad get one 8) pity ye didn`t get one yourself,sure there`s always next year :wink:
The banter was great i look forward to next May :lol: