Dublin bay 18/07/20

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Day out in various spots around the bay, great day fishing,
A lot of tiny mackerel with the odd decent sized ones, the same with the pollock I did manage a few decent pollock and a couple of decent cod.
All in all a great day out on the water :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin bay 18/07/20

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Well done lad and a fine day weatherwise too.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:51 am

Its Ofishal wrote:Well done lad and a fine day weatherwise too.

Cheers, it was a lovely day and good to get out and get a few decent fish all inshore from a small inflatable boat,
Hopefully sea conditions are good tomorrow and I can get back out tomorrow and see if I can get another few species

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:36 am

Im thinking about buying a small boat/inflatable to fit in the van so what have you.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Oh now that's a lovely sized cod, well done!

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Nice Cod! Well done.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:08 am

Nice codling fair play

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Im thinking about buying a small boat/inflatable to fit in the van so what have you.

I use either a 2.9m or a 3.6m inflatable with wooden floor panels and inflatable keel, engine wise I'm using a 5hp or 15hp outboard,

I mainly use the 15hp to be honest but you wouldn't need that big to be honest, my outboards are also 2stroke just to make the lifting around a bit easier.

If you are thinking of getting one and heading out I always have a small took kit complete with spare spark plugs, flares, and one thing I would highly recommend would be a small handheald vhf radio, you can buy these new in most marine shops from around €70 upwards

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Gonzo wrote:Oh now that's a lovely sized cod, well done!

Cheers Gonzo, a nice surprise between the smaller fish

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Thresher56 wrote:Nice Cod! Well done.

Cheers

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:51 pm

ste c wrote:Nice codling fair play

Cheers

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Im thinking about buying a small boat/inflatable to fit in the van so what have you.

Inflatables are a great way to fish and have a craic. Here's some info on getting afloat: http://www.topfisher.eu/ribs-and-sibs-g ... -a-budget/

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:09 am

JimC wrote:

Inflatables are a great way to fish and have a craic. Here's some info on getting afloat: http://www.topfisher.eu/ribs-and-sibs-g ... -a-budget/

No better link to explain Jim, its actually your older videos that kinda got me into sib fishing :) I have done all sorts of fishing the past few years but small inflatable can get you to some places other larger boats cant, Iv been down your way a few times for the winter light lines competition and stayed in the commodore hotel and had great weekends :) I may be near you over the bank holiday weekend and will have my lil sibs on the roof of camper van, any idea how your area fishing lately? Within sib distance if weater/tides are on my side? If not I can still shore fish

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 pm

cragk25 wrote:No better link to explain Jim, its actually your older videos that kinda got me into sib fishing :) I have done all sorts of fishing the past few years but small inflatable can get you to some places other larger boats cant, Iv been down your way a few times for the winter light lines competition and stayed in the commodore hotel and had great weekends :) I may be near you over the bank holiday weekend and will have my lil sibs on the roof of camper van, any idea how your area fishing lately? Within sib distance if weater/tides are on my side? If not I can still shore fish

That's great, fair play!
Unfortunately there are a few things at play for the weekend. Firstly the wind looks like not being too kind. While it might allow for some sheltered fishing about the place in the harbour(The beauty of the easily launched inflatable) there is also a bloom going on in the harbour, a red tide if you like, and this is ruining fishing in parts of the harbour.
Other than that, when we can get out, fishing has not been too bad at all. Bass are being difficult as seem to be the way the last few years.