Portrane tope and huss

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Quick spin over to lambay for some fresh mackerel, lots about all decent sized.

Headed over to the "twin towers" at portrane, anchored up, didn't have to wait long until first tip on the rod,a lovely Huss, followed by another 4 (2 didn't manage to get into boat as was on a solo mission so unhooked at side. .)

In-between the Huss I threw a bag of dubby together and hung it off the aux bracket in the hope of stirring something up. . .

Tope on!!! Just approaching the end of the tidal run the starboard rod screamed off( waiting all afternoon for this!!) Great scrap, knew it was a Decent one for this area, got him to the side of the boat and I had to land him( even though on my own) for a pic. . . .

He was 150/160 cm 30 ish pounds???

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Portrane tope and huss

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Great fishing ,I'd be tempted to relocate my boat I'm getting feck all out of Balbriggan unless I head to rockabill

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 pm

Nice fishing, one length to weight converter I use gives 155cm = 38lb 5oz. Great to hear of some decent mackerel too, I've been struggling this year so far.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Macks every drop on Sunday 19th( those pics 6 pm ish Sunday) last weekend 11th/12th they were scarce in this neck of the woods, I had to cover some ground and put in some time get a few. . . . .

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Feck all Mackerel out of Howth Last Sunday, the 1st... I didn't head Lambay direction though.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Was out sat afternoon,( all Ireland on sun so no boating!!) plenty just north burren rocks (crows nest marker) in front of island, got a nice grey gurnard and a smooth hound there too( smoothie took a mackerel bait)

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:50 am

Just noticed in your huss pic, looks like a large fishtail poking out of its mouth!