Re: Little Competition......:-)

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:03 pm

well what was it :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm

hi pete, this is an obvious one its susan boyle from the x factor of course...

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Right so lads, sorry for the delay, I forgot about this for a while....

The fish in question was indeed taken from a Galway pier, by JPs usual means, however it was taken from aboard a Trawler :D . Congrats to one or two who twigged that :D , I believe that fish was taken somewhere off the Porcupine Bank in 300 metres of water.

The answer to the question posed is "Channux Pictus", There is no common name. It is a deepwater fish from the Angler fish family.

Several of you actually had a good stab with anglerfish which I'll accept, well done to CormDogg, Lumpy and The Austrian.

Winner of the DVD player is, drawn by JD......Drum roll please........ :D

Congrats Lumpy :D Gimme a bell/PM and we'll get this fine piece of equipment over to you.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

well done Lumpy, was a tough one :D

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

petekd wrote:Right so lads, sorry for the delay, I forgot about this for a while....

The fish in question was indeed taken from a Galway pier, by JPs usual means, however it was taken from aboard a Trawler :D . Congrats to one or two who twigged that :D , I believe that fish was taken somewhere off the Porcupine Bank in 300 metres of water.

The answer to the question posed is "Channux Pictus", There is no common name. It is a deepwater fish from the Angler fish family.

Several of you actually had a good stab with anglerfish which I'll accept, well done to CormDogg, Lumpy and The Austrian.

Winner of the DVD player is, drawn by JD......Drum roll please........ :D

Congrats Lumpy :D Gimme a bell/PM and we'll get this fine piece of equipment over to you.

rigged!! :lol:

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

ya i actually caught it, lug n maddies at about 30yds :D .. cheers pete. i'l give ya a buzz later

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Lumpy i'd make sure that there are no bogus 'Trainspotting style' dvd's left in that machine...wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd be forced to view Mr Davis and that madman JP indulging in some heavy petting on an isolated Cork beach...perish the thought :P :|

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 pm

pete wrote:Lumpy i'd make sure that there are no bogus 'Trainspotting style' dvd's left in that machine...wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd be forced to view Mr Davis and that madman JP indulging in some heavy petting on an isolated Cork beach...perish the thought :P :|

minds should never condure such images, you need help

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:02 am

oh lord, i'm never fishing between the 2 of ye in monkstown again...gonna have to find a new buddy metinks.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:16 pm

petekd wrote:I'm not saying yes or no to anyone until Monday....:-) 5 inches long, Pier in Galway, red and yellow. Thats all you're getting.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only seeing this now, Jasus pete if you had a penny for every time you uttered that sentence.