Species' Hunts and other Web Site Competitions

Moderators: stevecrow74, Rampent Wreckfish

Re: Little Competition......:-)

Postby brian perry » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:03 pm

well what was it :evil: :evil: :evil:
brian perry

Postby shamieboy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm

hi pete, this is an obvious one its susan boyle from the x factor of course...
I KNOW ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL BUT I LIKE IT
shamieboy
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby petekd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Right so lads, sorry for the delay, I forgot about this for a while....

The fish in question was indeed taken from a Galway pier, by JPs usual means, however it was taken from aboard a Trawler :D . Congrats to one or two who twigged that :D , I believe that fish was taken somewhere off the Porcupine Bank in 300 metres of water.

The answer to the question posed is "Channux Pictus", There is no common name. It is a deepwater fish from the Angler fish family.

Several of you actually had a good stab with anglerfish which I'll accept, well done to CormDogg, Lumpy and The Austrian.

Winner of the DVD player is, drawn by JD......Drum roll please........ :D

Congrats Lumpy :D Gimme a bell/PM and we'll get this fine piece of equipment over to you.
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby The Austrian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

well done Lumpy, was a tough one :D
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.” - Dalai Lama
“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today and Hope for Tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein
The Austrian
Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V

Have thanks: 540 times

Postby eric » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

petekd wrote:Right so lads, sorry for the delay, I forgot about this for a while....

The fish in question was indeed taken from a Galway pier, by JPs usual means, however it was taken from aboard a Trawler :D . Congrats to one or two who twigged that :D , I believe that fish was taken somewhere off the Porcupine Bank in 300 metres of water.

The answer to the question posed is "Channux Pictus", There is no common name. It is a deepwater fish from the Angler fish family.

Several of you actually had a good stab with anglerfish which I'll accept, well done to CormDogg, Lumpy and The Austrian.

Winner of the DVD player is, drawn by JD......Drum roll please........ :D

Congrats Lumpy :D Gimme a bell/PM and we'll get this fine piece of equipment over to you.

rigged!! :lol:
species for 2009 (42)
species for 2010 (27)
species for 2011 (12)
species for 2012 (8)
[i][b][color=#0000BF] best advice for catching species is girls dont like fishing and its hard to catch fish when you sell all your gear'[/color][/b][/i]
eric
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby lumpy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

ya i actually caught it, lug n maddies at about 30yds :D .. cheers pete. i'l give ya a buzz later
shore species 2008(25):dogfish(3.1lbs), bull huss (12lb 2oz), bass, shore rockling, coalie, whiting, pollack, conger (22.4lbs),flounder, thick lipped mullet (4.8lbs),turbot,ling (11.2lbs),ballan wrasse(4.5lbs), cuckoo wrasse, pouting, poor cod, cod (9.5lbs), dab, 3 bearded rockling, long spined scorpion fish, corkwing wrasse, plaice, trigger fish, sea trout, garfish

regards neil
lumpy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 17 times

Postby pete » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Lumpy i'd make sure that there are no bogus 'Trainspotting style' dvd's left in that machine...wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd be forced to view Mr Davis and that madman JP indulging in some heavy petting on an isolated Cork beach...perish the thought :P :|
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby eric » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 pm

pete wrote:Lumpy i'd make sure that there are no bogus 'Trainspotting style' dvd's left in that machine...wouldn't be at all surprised if you'd be forced to view Mr Davis and that madman JP indulging in some heavy petting on an isolated Cork beach...perish the thought :P :|

minds should never condure such images, you need help
species for 2009 (42)
species for 2010 (27)
species for 2011 (12)
species for 2012 (8)
[i][b][color=#0000BF] best advice for catching species is girls dont like fishing and its hard to catch fish when you sell all your gear'[/color][/b][/i]
eric
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby lumpy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:02 am

oh lord, i'm never fishing between the 2 of ye in monkstown again...gonna have to find a new buddy metinks.
shore species 2008(25):dogfish(3.1lbs), bull huss (12lb 2oz), bass, shore rockling, coalie, whiting, pollack, conger (22.4lbs),flounder, thick lipped mullet (4.8lbs),turbot,ling (11.2lbs),ballan wrasse(4.5lbs), cuckoo wrasse, pouting, poor cod, cod (9.5lbs), dab, 3 bearded rockling, long spined scorpion fish, corkwing wrasse, plaice, trigger fish, sea trout, garfish

regards neil
lumpy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 17 times

Postby Seaniebo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:16 pm

petekd wrote:I'm not saying yes or no to anyone until Monday....:-) 5 inches long, Pier in Galway, red and yellow. Thats all you're getting.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only seeing this now, Jasus pete if you had a penny for every time you uttered that sentence.
I require a tremendous amount of calcium

http://www.saisac.org/
Seaniebo
Unstoppable....

Have thanks: 83 times

Previous

Return to Site Species' Hunts and Competitions