Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:40 pm

all points gone for 11 shore and 1 boat species...

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:39 pm

now lads.. thats what you call a 3 bearded rockling... beautiful fish them.. really like them :shock: :D :wink:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 am

huss in both shore and boat comp.... nice going lads

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:14 am

what weight was your PB huss ronald you never said.

guessing by pic it was around the 11lb mark :wink:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:32 am

JOHN1 wrote:what weight was your PB huss ronald you never said.

guessing by pic it was around the 11lb mark :wink:

looking at that pic i'd say its around 8-9lbs

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 am

i know i would always be a bit generous with a guesstimated guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 am

i'm just a pessimist :shock:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:07 am

it came in at 10lb 8oz ,weighed on board

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 pm

good man ronald.
half pound off the guess aint bad :wink:

i taught you would get them bigger up your way.
i suppose you dont need them when you have all them spurs and skate to play with :lol: :lol:
i have had then to 15 lb down here in the boat and 11.5 from the beach. still waiting for the magic 16 :shock: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:17 pm

we had a good run at them yesterday ,13 between the 2 of us ,most of them were between 5-8lb with a couple of 4lbers and mine breaking the double figure mark .
There are a few marks were you have the chance of the huss up here but they are few and far between ,prob due to alot of the coast being in accessable due to cliffs :lol:
though the average size of a decent one seems to be 9-13lb bracket from the boat ,I'd love to get the 16lb plus fish .
I've managed to get a week booked in the summer in ballyvaughan ,galway bay with the missus so I'll be hitting the shore marks around there and hopefully connecting with the odd huss :lol: so if anyone knows a decent mark close by pm me :wink:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Ronald wrote:I've managed to get a week booked in the summer in ballyvaughan ,galway bay with the missus so I'll be hitting the shore marks around there and hopefully connecting with the odd huss :lol: so if anyone knows a decent mark close by pm me :wink:

let me know nearer the time.. i'll put you on to a few huss and shore tope spots :wink: (not that i have caught tope on any of them though)

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:53 pm

now that is savage the mackies are back :shock: :D was out on the boat the other day with jack and while i was busy blanking i was wondering when the'yd be back, its a pity we should have steamed over to where jack pointed out where the gulls where :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:29 pm

cheers steve looking forward it , only problem will be getting the all the bait down with me without stinking the car out .

Re: poult

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 am

barry murphy wrote:poult got to day in my own boat out with coaster.caught on baited shrimp rigs(mackerel,and new bait look close over a wreck off tramore :lol: )

is that a poor cod not a pout?

pouting

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 pm

no jw they are pouting

pout poor cod

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm

what makes me think its poor cod is the body is not as deep as a pout and the
first anal fin begins about level with end of first dorsal

pouting

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:36 pm

have caught alot of the two species and recon there pout as does coaster who was there no the day we had quit a few on the day.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 pm

poor cod top and pouting bottom ,totally different shape , easy way to tell the difference is by the white pectoral fin passing the ass on pouting and stopping short on poor cod .
barrys looks like a poorcod but hard to tell with only looking at the head .

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:16 pm

heres a pic from the shore section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:00 pm

lads, be sure to check this post
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=14519
before putting up species that are already taken

i do try keep it up to date.. :wink: