Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 pm

aye.. try put some light on the subject.. thankfully i know what a cod looks like.. even in the dark..

as i have stated before.. the fish has to be identifiable.. so if its dark.. use a flash/headlight or any other light source to show species

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:33 am

JOHN1 wrote:hey eric i hope your not going to propose a worst photo comp :shock:

because Surely you will win it hands down.

that last pic you posted is brutal. i think it is a whiting :lol:

and there was me thinking my pics are bad apologizing last week for bad pic of 5 beard rockling :wink:

forgot the headlamp, you can make it out :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:19 pm

nice seatrout ronald.. and you beat me with the turbot.. was planning a wee session to target them tomorrow.. oh well.. there goes that

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:06 am

thanks steve ,its one of 3 I had today ,best session ever ,not bad for 4 hrs fishing . I was of today and took advantage of the good weather .

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:41 am

hey steve whare do you target them in galway might have an hour to spend in salthill on monday might bring some light stuff with me :wink:

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:50 am

JOHN1 wrote:hey steve whare do you target them in galway might have an hour to spend in salthill on monday might bring some light stuff with me :wink:

the way things are i might not be heading south next week so i might be in touch with you about that :lol:

Lee(thescotsman) that looks awfully like a poor cod than a pouting.. anal fin is a give away :wink:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 pm

i'm suprised that the flounder category is still available. given the amount of them readily available around the coast. i guess people are just returning them before a pic is taken. eh steve :wink:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm not sure which pic Lee used but I can vouch for the fact he had both poor cod and pouting on that session FWIW.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:34 pm

paul the flounder categorie was filled on the 5th jan :wink:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 pm

petekd wrote:I'm not sure which pic Lee used but I can vouch for the fact he had both poor cod and pouting on that session FWIW.

well he better get a pic up of the pouting up for it to count :wink:

as for mickeyfish and your codling.. it doesnt count.. all species points for it have been filled :wink:
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=14519
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 pm

JOHN1 wrote:paul the flounder categorie was filled on the 5th jan :wink:

it was more of a stir the sh1t with steve post.

he got one yest but while trying to deal with MCs foot blocking his picture somehow the fish managed to make its way back to the water :lol: :lol: thats my story and im sticking to it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:34 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:
JOHN1 wrote:paul the flounder categorie was filled on the 5th jan :wink:

it was more of a stir the sh1t with steve post.

he got one yest but while trying to deal with MCs foot blocking his picture somehow the fish managed to make its way back to the water :lol: :lol: thats my story and im sticking to it :roll: :roll: :roll:

what colour is the boot in the photo, as far as i was aware my boots where green :? so dont blame me :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:08 am

do you mean this boot.. the one that was attached to a pair of neoprene waders that were being abused by paulocallaghan :twisted:

and look at the poor fish.. doesnt look too happy :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:19 am

the funny thing was after that photo was taken and said fished released, well chucked into the sea, Paul was seen running up the beach, very fast for a dot-combat person, then the camouflage gear must have come out cause we didn't see him for over two hours :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:43 pm

as phil jupitus once said ''bring in the points b**ch''
:P :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:47 pm

forgot to say, both species are subject to further id, though they where both very different looking so they are two separate species, one light brown throughout, one dark multicolours and both very small

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:33 pm

your shanny is through... but not sure about the tompot(if thats what it is)

i cant make out any of the tentacles on nasal openings and above eyes

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:your shanny is through... but not sure about the tompot(if thats what it is)

i cant make out any of the tentacles on nasal openings and above eyes

up to you, it was certainly a different species due to its colours, had small pom poms on the nose

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 pm

eric wrote:up to you, it was certainly a different species due to its colours, had small pom poms on the nose

i'll let it in so.. seeing as it has 'pom poms' on its nose and it is an honoured based system

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:03 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:
eric wrote:up to you, it was certainly a different species due to its colours, had small pom poms on the nose

i'll let it in so.. seeing as it has 'pom poms' on its nose and it is an honoured based system

mini fishing :D