Species Hunt 2008 (SHORE)....Sponsored by Ian Golds Tackle

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 pm

ok lads off you go
Open to everybody.
Post a pic of your fish with where,when and how you caught it and any other details you like.
Fish must be identifiable.
A part of the shore must be identifiable in the picture i.e. waterline beach etc, etc
other wise the fish will not count
Do not post saying pic to follow- i will delete the post.
Only fish caught in 2008 in/off Ireland count.

First pic posted of a species counts gets 15 points for the person.

Yes - Blennies,Goldsinny wrasse, Sea trout caught in the sea count.

Next (different) person posting a pic of that species gets 10 points

3rd person gets 5

Person with most points wins (as of Jan 1 2009) .

You must reply below attaching your pic to enter.

Only those who have registered on the site on or before Jan 1st 2008 can enter.

please discuss about a fish in the species hunt in a separate thread in "Site Species' Hunts and Competitions" forum
any discussion about a fish will be moved to a separate thread to keep this thread manageable..

final say on any fish will be by eric and stevecrow74..

Shore Prizes:
1st = Large Back-Pack + Large Rod Carrier
2nd = Small Back-Pack + Small Rod Carrier
3rd = Small Back-Pack
-----------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stevecrow74 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 23 times in total.

pollock

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:52 pm

pollock caught on rag portmuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: poor cod

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:54 pm

alannelson wrote:caught on rag portmuck

Re:whiting

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm

alannelson wrote:

Re:cod

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:56 pm

alannelson wrote:
alannelson wrote:

Re pouting

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm

alannelson wrote:
alannelson wrote:
alannelson wrote:[quote="alannelson"]caught on rag portmuck
[/quote]

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:17 pm

repost of first post, missing details-all fish were caught on a three hook flapper using razor,mackerel and lug

five bearded rockling at whiterock

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:25 pm

fishing with eric today and i caught my five bearded rockling first :lol: using razor,mackerel and lug

whiting on last post

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 pm

I dont know it happened but the coalie came up as a whiting it should have been a coalie doo! i'll post the whiting here. :lol:

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:52 pm

coalie caught on razor at whiterock on a three hook flapper

painted ray and dogfish 01/01/2008

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:38 pm

OK,
Painted Ray ( :D new species for me and first shore caught ray) and a dogfish , Ballingwilling beach, Cork at about 3.15pm and 6.45pm respectively. Ray on three hook flapper to sandeel, Doggie on three hook flapper to lug.

Re: coalfish

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:14 pm

caught at brownsbay beach on frozen mack size 1/0 hooks

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Dogfish caught at airstrip Bantry 3/1/08 with frozen mackerel on a pulley rig.

five bearded rockling

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 pm

caught on 2/1/08
wicklow harbour

weather s e gale waves coming over harbour wall
:shock:
2 hook flapper mackeral.

poor cod

Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:47 pm

well lads see some of the handy ones are gone already,didnt get out till last night tried dunmore and cheekpoint with every bait i could get my hands on had tons of whiten, 2 poor cod and 3 or 4 nice coalies most fish taken on mackerel or lug on 3 hook flappers

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 am

lsd. codling. shore rockling. and possible juvinile three bearded rockling.

dublin rock mark 4/01/08 using. razor/ mack/ mussell

flounder

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 am

caught it in waterford river on a size 1 pennel pulley rig loaded with lug.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Flounder 35cm caught on a beach on the Beara Peninsula today 5/1/08.Bait was frozen razor on a size 4 hook.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:22 pm

dab, on ennereilly, on a three hook flapper on lug tipped with razor :D

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:43 pm

dog fish caught on enerilly on lug nd frozen mack at around 7.on a retreating tide