Ray this time of year

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:17 pm

So dying to get my first ray doing a good bit of fishing in ballyvalden haven't had a great night there but never really a bad night but would assume come summer it would be brilliant there. Anyone ever catch ray there or fish there this time of year or recently (haven't been there in about 4 weeks). Heading there next week and am dying to start catching some ray. What are my chances this time of year.

Re: Ray this time of year

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 am

i would head west for 'early' ray- shannon, connemara. i have had a ray in march from wicklow but decent temperatures/weather in april would be worth a shot.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:58 pm

What beach in Wicklow ? Never had a ray on a Wicklow beach.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Wexford. Heading to ballyvalden good deep beach. Will be great in the summer for smoothies and tope. (I hope)

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm

joe clancy wrote:What beach in Wicklow ? Never had a ray on a Wicklow beach.

That’s because your a s*** dangler

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 pm

There be a chance of ray of the south wicklow beaches ie killoghter and arklow and most of the beaches on the east side of wexford courtown morriscastle kilmuckridge all worth a try from mid next month big fish baits with lots of scent at night usually an ebbing tide and at distance will give you the best chance there will be the odd decent huss showing too as the weather heats... March is very hit and miss

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:35 pm

ShaneH wrote:

F**k you hahahaha.. you have to get me an east coast ray now this year

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 pm

ShaneH wrote:

F**k you hahahaha .. u need to get me An east coast ray this year hahaha

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:44 pm

sea serpant wrote:There be a chance of ray of the south wicklow beaches ie killoghter and arklow and most of the beaches on the east side of wexford courtown morriscastle kilmuckridge all worth a try from mid next month big fish baits with lots of scent at night usually an ebbing tide and at distance will give you the best chance there will be the odd decent huss showing too as the weather heats... March is very hit and miss

Cheers for the info pal . Looking forward to the summer fishing now hopefully get a ray on the east coast

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:23 am

Ye a misconception is that there no ray on the east coast but they are there in sth wicklow and wexford if you put the time in with the right conditions

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:32 am

ShaneH wrote:

looks like you are in safe hands Joe :shock:

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 pm

If you want to head to Shannon in Clare i might be able to help you get one