alternative to GoPro..

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

alternative to GoPro..

Postby spindlefist » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:12 am

I've read a couple of good reviews on this little camera, only €100, but has 16MP, 1080 at 48frame etc...
could be handy for the tackle bag
http://www.dx.com/p/xiaomi-xiaoyi-1080p ... QTNJOFBEtE
2016: dogfish, pollack,

2015: whiting, coalfish, turbot, pollack, ballan wrasse, conger, thornback, short spined sea scorpion , common blenny ,

2014 : dogfish, garfish, launce, common blenny, cuckoo wrasse, flounder, pollack, thornback ray,

2013 species:(15) Whiting, Dogfish, Three Bearded Rockling, bull huss, poor cod,turbot, flounder,pollack, spotted ray, thornback ray, launce, corkwing wrasse, long spined sea scorpion, common blenny,mackerel,

2012 species: Thornback, bull huss, Dogfish, pollack, Mackerel, bass, flounder, turbot, conger,

Species 09:(23) Conger, Whiting, Bass, flounder, Dogfish, dab, corkwing wrasse, pollack, bull huss(8lb 10oz~PB) , thornback ray(8lb~PB), dragonet, ballan wrasse, Blenny, Mackeral,long spined sea scorpion,pouting, coalfish, launce, codling, poor cod, starry smoothhound, 5 bearded rockling, shore rockling..
spindlefist
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 116 times

Re: alternative to GoPro..

Postby David W » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 am

Better off with an SJ4000wifi. Best of the rest.

http://www.dx.com/p/sjcam-sj4000-wi-fi- ... QVk6JWzXIU
David W
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: alternative to GoPro..

Postby MAC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:06 pm

From the comparison footage I have seen the Xiaomi is the closest you are going to get to the GoPro Hero3 in terms of video quality. The view angle, colour saturation and shgarpness are really close to the GoPro Hero 3. The Sj4000 has less of a field of view and Coler tone is a bit rich from what I've seen. If I didn't have the Hero4 Silver I'd be looking at the Xiaomi. The only problem is that you have to use the phone app to change the settings and you will also need to purchse the waterproof case seperatly, which will set you back a little more than the headline price.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Cameras and Photography