Go Pro camera

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

Go Pro camera

Postby Stan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Anybody tried the Go Pro HD camera. I think that it would be great for taking photos while on my own in the kayak
Stan
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 277 times

Re: Go Pro camera

Postby SkyNachos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi, Stan!

I know that I should be posting an official "introductory post", but I couldn't help but feel the need to reply to this topic. My name's Liliana, by the way. I'm new to the world of fishing, but certainly not new to the world of outdoor sports. I kinda wanted to dive into the conversation. =D

Anyway, I've used the Go Pro camera before; and let me tell ya, it's pretty fantastic. In my opinion, it's worth every single penny! Whenever I get the chance to go mountain biking (obviously where I can), I film all kinds of stuff. It's really amazing to watch all of the stuff you've probably missed while focusing on your craft. Not only is it awesome to see all that missed stuff, but you see it with such unbelievable clarity. I haven't used my camera on any boating adventures (yet), but when I do, I'm sure I'll capture some pretty amazing stuff! =)

Of course, if you're also into bird photography (which I SO am), then I recommend investing in another camera as well. While Go Pro is great, you'll want a high end camera to capture highly significant details. . . especially for those colorful birds and woodland critters. Speaking of cameras, I'm thinking of investing in another one myself (purely for birding). Anyone have any retail recommendations? How about hh gregg? Anyone use them before to buy a camera?

Welp, I'm rambling. That's my two cents on the GoPro. I recommend it for "action-y shots." Peace! =D
SkyNachos

Re: Go Pro camera

Postby Stan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks Liliana. Am definitely buying one.

Buy the way for bird watching or high quality photos I would use a Canon EOS. It is expensive but worth it. The selection of lenses for it is excellent
Stan
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 277 times

Return to Cameras and Photography